Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some suggestions for the client side

Eventually, One of my opinion is that the lots of graphical options shouldn't be available. There are numbers of 'pro' players who dull the whole mohaa experience by setting the options to the lowest. I don't think that their pcs are too old to run mohaa on max graphic. The big problem is that they're trying to use everything that mohaa/the engine gives but anti-cheat softwares don't forbide. sv_pure will probably solve this...

lol? Till about 4 months ago, I always played mohaa on almost the lowest settings (not the lowest resolution though.. 1 above that). This is how I first played the game as well, those were the default settings I started with when I was a kid, my pc probaly couldn't handle better either.. so played with that for about 8 years, only changed it now because my new pc is just to good for mohaa.. at the lowest settings it's just horrible to watch.

But the reason I kept those settings is because it reminded me of all the old-school games I played like all the Quake games, didn't want to adapt to the fancy new graphics/looks. Setting everything to the lowest is absolutely no cheat at all, and I would like to see people still using this, cause that's what first person shooters used to be.

@ Shadow, maybe I have an odd style, I simply couldn't imagine mohaa with blurred graphic, but it seems I still don't understand that there are more players besides me.

Wow, what a big read.

I'll try to answer some of your questions..

1. We plan on implementing a clientside, this is merely to support better support serverside as well as add additional functionality to the game that requires clientside modification on top of serverside modification.
    2. All the features of the patch should be toggable via cvars, but I will be working on a cgamex wrapper with implementation for a nice menu that will be able to be used by admins so they can graphically modify any feature of the patch without having to rely on memorizing all the cvars.
    3. We plan on implementing sv_allow download & sv_pure.
    -Now the download functionality will ONLY work if both sides are enabled, otherwise it won't. This would also stop custom maps from being downloaded though.
    -Some users were concerned if a "evil" admin tried to pack a virus into a pk3 & then try to execute it maliciously on the client. This will not be possible.
    sv_pure will be also toggable, and if the server has it enabled it will scan all client files for integrity. We would like to implement this on binaries as well not just pk3 files.
    4. The patch will have an auto updater that checks the server for the version to determine if it's running the latest patch, HOWEVER, due to the fact that all servers act differently, and some servers are less stable than others, admins will have the option of reverting to the previous patch if it was running better than the new version. Also as far as clients are concerned, if the server is running 1.12, the client will be prompted to update.
    1.11 clients CANT join 1.12, however a client running 1.12 will be able to run 1.11.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Yea, according to 4th point - we want to make a complete patch, I think that player will want to update to 1.12 to get all the nice feautures, and this won't disallow them from playing 1.11 so it's a good deal.