Thread: Anti-Chams Exploit

Default Anti-Chams Exploit

Even though you guys have stop chams from rendering behind walls, the playerentitys are still being drawn.. and are appearing on my radar just a heads up. First time testing the patch looks good though... its stopping chams for sure.

EDIT:
    also looks like the anti's are limiting the distance view of other entitys such as objects in the game... i noticed a couch fading about 20 ft away from it in plan site.

Last edited by clint; June 18th, 2010 at 10:40 PM.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I as unfortunately aware of this.

Please check your PM.

I lost the source and im rewriting most of it now. The only thing u really need to know(if you already dont) is that the method you're using to prevent chams is only a visual. The playerentity's are still being drawn. So therefore they can still appear on my 2D Radar because all i have to do is locate the playerentitys by the clientID's. Other then that I have no further insight on this, you would have to ask mr. okidoki.

Yes, I know what I'm doing. If I don't send them, sound information will be lost, and this will be very bad for wars, where players make a heavy use of footsteps sound etc.

We would need to spawn sound somehow without sending entities. And there's a problem with silent walking and running.
    Will have to look into statefiles.

Also weapons carried by players won't have origin (since they are attached to player that isn't send over to client) - and shooting with them will sound like silent shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Yes, I know what I'm doing. If I don't send them, sound information will be lost, and this will be very bad for wars, where players make a heavy use of footsteps sound etc.

We would need to spawn sound somehow without sending entities. And there's a problem with silent walking and running.
    Will have to look into statefiles.

Also weapons carried by players won't have origin (since they are attached to player that isn't send over to client) - and shooting with them will sound like silent shooting.
    good point. yeah thats tough because if u eliminate the ambient sounds then it just ruins the gameplay. seems pretty tricky tricky where is okidoki at? lol

EDIT:
    btw ill post the algorithm for how to create the radar its very simple but alot easier if u got code to go from.. Right now im at a bit of a crisis with nonvolatile memory, I seem to be have alot of my drives starting to fail and ive lost alot of data. I almost lost the source I recode again so now im trying to get this sorted too..

EDIT2:

Hey do you know how spearhead accomplishes this? I know there are many blind spots on SP its makes the chams very ineffective.. they usually dont render intill 20 to 50 ft away as far as I can remember. Im thinking its part of the Vis's that it uses in the maps
    Last edited by clint; June 27th, 2010 at 07:20 AM.

Yes, SH maps uses more Vis Portals and make use of occlusion culling, but this is clientside, can be bypassed.

If you want to give the source code, then please do it via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Yes, SH maps uses more Vis Portals and make use of occlusion culling, but this is clientside, can be bypassed.

If you want to give the source code, then please do it via PM.
    Yeah its something to look into though. There are not many people targeting this game anymore because of its ageness. Also, adding more effective Vis portals in the map speeds it up and thats also a plus. You just need someway to check the files from the client. maybe some kind of checksum protection. So people cant load modded maps. I know it can be cracked but it takes effect to do that and I dont think anybody in the community can bypass it atm. besides okidoki. Mr.okidoki has been coding hacks for games for like 10+ years plus. He knows all about the quake engine.. as you can see from his framework I bet he knows every in and out by now. I wish he would come back he really have some good insight... I bet he could tell you actually how to fix it.

so here lays the critical code that is leaving the anti-chams exploitable.. The models are not being rendered behind the walls, but are still being drawn. So its possible to workout some 2d model hack locating the lerp-origins of the playerentitys aka balllhack..

Code:
    for(int i=0; i<MAX_CLIENTS; i++)
    	{
    		if(cg_entities[i].currentValid && !(cg_entities[i].currentState.eFlags & EF_DEAD))
    		{
                    //...
    }
         }
    Last edited by clint; June 30th, 2010 at 06:25 PM.