Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Client Crash at map change (Not Reborn Related)

I have always noticed a issue on servers with mohdm1 and mohdm4. Thats why I just used the bridge and hardly ever ran mohdm1. Its some kind of error that comes up on the client side but I forget the exact error it gives.

Was about to start a new thread but seen this so ill try here

I get the same thing , when a map changes some people dissconnect. Its not everytime it happens just once in a while.

Puts them straight back at the main menu ( just like it would happen if you didnt have the map on a custom map server for example ) and this is just normal stock dm maps in rotation.

People have been complianing for a while but i have never found the issue but its just happened to me so i checked console after i got kicked and this is all i had:

ERROR: CL_ParseServerMessage: Bad Command byte: 3

Anyone know what this error is and how i could fix it?

Thanks

Just for testing, you could try taking out those two maps we've been talking about, and see what happens. No one has crashed since I've taken them out on my server....that I know of. One of my admins switched to mohdm4 today, and sure enough, he crashed after the map. I may use the obj 'bridge' map instead of mohdm4.

Or....something I haven't tried yet....You could edit pak5.pk3, and remove all the .dcl files. The server will load without these files, since it was deprecated before releasing mohaa. Just wondering if it is doing some check for .dcl files at the end of mohdm1 and mohdm4. I don't think so, but you never know.

I have removed all .dcl files , tried some manual map changes 20+ times, im not getting kicked but ive only ever been kicked once since the problem started around 2 weeks ago so when the server fills up a bit ill keep an eye on it and let you know if this has helped

Thanks

stupid deprecated decal files haha

Servers been full most of the day and whole of the night, Nobodys complained about being kicked on map change so looks like it worked
    ill keep my eye on it the next few days but looks good so far! And i didnt take any maps out that you mentioned just the .dcl files

Long story short, it is safe to delete them .DCL files alltogether, right?
    Since they're not used by MOHAA and possibly even cause the client crashes when
    switching to map 2 and 6.

Right??

We'll it's uncertain to say for sure midnight, but from the looks of it that seems to be the case yes. Either case, I would never delete anything, I would make a backup of it just in case.

cool clay. I will have to give that a go! I had tested taking the .dcl files out of my client machine, but I was still crashing during those map changes. I hadn't tried taking them out of the server yet.

If this ends up not working, we could always make an intermission handler to force map change earlier. (I think clients are crashing during intermission)
    main local.type:

PHP Code:
        if($player && local.type==0)  //local.type 0 = Player intermission screen (scoreboard)

{

stuffsrv ("map " level.mapName "\n")  //ie: level.mapName set somewhere else to get the next map.

end

Quote Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
    cool clay. I will have to give that a go! I had tested taking the .dcl files out of my client machine, but I was still crashing during those map changes. I hadn't tried taking them out of the server yet.

If this ends up not working, we could always make an intermission handler to force map change earlier. (I think clients are crashing during intermission)
    Thought it was going good untill map changed from Algiers to South France a minute ago and somebody on my teamspeak got disconnected for the same error as me so looks like it didnt work after all