Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Player Specing

there was a mod called spec eye that nisty keeps going on about that gave you the players view

Yeah, I think that one is Elgans also

Guys, about the spec mod.

Does it sometimes (well, a lot of times) follow the wrong player or am I doing something wrong?
    Anyone else noticed it?

If so could someone please look it over? I don't like to beg, but this mod is one
    of those really REALLY super-handy mods that makes an admin's life so much easier
    when following and catch suspected cheaters in spectator mode.

I'd do it myself if I had the skill. But my scripting is about on this level:

Code:
    10 goto 20
    20 goto 10

So I hereby appeal to all the talented scripters here, PLEASE make it work 100%
    and make it easier for admins to catch them cheaters with their pants down?

Pretty please with suger on??

Sounds simple, especially with the new commands. I'll take a shot at it tomorrow ...won't be able to test it though, 'cause requires more than 2 players.

That's kind of you Sor, many many thanks!

The spec mod was made more or less on-the-fly and there are several versions trawling around on the forum.
    Here is the other thread if you need reference:
    http://www.x-null.net/forums/showthr...pectate-player

Hope you can still see the forest from the trees, lol.
    I can do the testing and give feedback, no prob.

BTW, the keypress handler from Wargamer's post #5 seems to work fine, but so do the
    ones the other guys have made. (Don't want to step on anyone's toes..)
    But with Wargamer's you only need to type the 'real' clientnumber (i.e. 25) instead
    of 1025.

Peace out!

so looks like
    client# - 1000 = new client# :P

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1138 View Post
    But with Wargamer's you only need to type the 'real' clientnumber (i.e. 25) instead
    of 1025.
    Yeah, the reason I made it that, is because I didn't want it conflict with Elgbot, and some of my own mods.

Hi just trying to get an idea of the state this mod is in.

So the reason why it looks like your specing the wrong person could be due to the way freeze tag works:
    More that one person can be speccing an alive player at once. this means you can be speccing a player specing a player.

The issue with the freeze tag bug:
    admins getting un-freezed while speccing players start floating. is this fixed now?

Is there still plans of extending this mod to show players models through the wall so admins can see if the suspected player is looking at other players through the wall?

thanks!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blaz!ng View Post
    Hi just trying to get an idea of the state this mod is in.

So the reason why it looks like your specing the wrong person could be due to the way freeze tag works:
    More that one person can be speccing an alive player at once. this means you can be speccing a player specing a player.

The issue with the freeze tag bug:
    admins getting un-freezed while speccing players start floating. is this fixed now?

Is there still plans of extending this mod to show players models through the wall so admins can see if the suspected player is looking at other players through the wall?

thanks!
    there is no bug in this mod, people were using it wrong, like I explained.
    you must be playing to use it, not in spec mode.

there is no plans or possibility to make players visible through walls for a single player. It tells you already if a player is aiming at another.
    -it could be improved by playing with the trace from the camera or trying a different method. at the moment its impossible to get the true camera position.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgan View Post
    you must be playing to use it, not in spec mode.
    can you explain this? in freeze tag i always go in the spectator area (on score the board) before using this mod. so that i can't be unfrozen while spectating.

The problem with freeze tag also is that the name of the person you're spectating always goes off and on and it gets frustrating trying to spec people as i always wonder is this really the guy i am meant to be spectating or the monkey on the back? then the name turns on and off. sorry for ranting
    Last edited by blaz!ng; June 16th, 2013 at 12:53 PM.