Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Specing

You are more than welcome to change whatever you want Elgan. I just threw this together really quick. I'm pretty busy doing school work right now. Don't feel obligated either, I will get around to it eventually, lol. I'm working on too many things right now.

If you do change it, I think we need the player location to change with the camera, because the sounds aren't coming from the camera location, but the old player location.

I actually spend more time in spectate watching people than I do playing, lol. Plus, I never want to ban someone without being SURE they are cheating. I, like you, have been banned for no cheats.
    Last edited by armageddon; February 15th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

I can not understand why they are so popular..well I can, I just disagree.
    Hmm, I know what you mean, but I think the more fixes there are in resolving cheats, the better.

ANYWAY that's my 2 sense..but if it helps people out, ill help you guys out. but RR said he might look in to it...I would rather he spent his time blocking the cheats so this sort of thing is not needed and we have less whining
    Elg, you know we always appreciate your help. Hell, that's why I added you to the dev section, because I know what you're capable of and you're a pretty prolific MOHAA modder. Let's face it.. you know it's true.
    Also, sure it would be great if something like this could be implemented into the patch, and I'm sure it could be, but when RR & I were brainstorming several ideas for detecting\preventing against aimbots, your method hasn't even occurred as a potential idea. That's why this is PHENOMENAL. Because in conglomeration with other fixes, we could really stop aimbots.
    As you know the wallhack detection works, but it's a bit sketchy and we constantly are trying to optimize it, we're also integrating other methods of to make it a bit better, but the more detection methods we have IMO the better because then there will be less false positives. As I mentioned your technique above, I never even though was possible, so this could be a HUGE help especially around corners.

And since you mentioned about aimbots, the difficulty with aimbots is it's TOTALLY clientside. Nothing is sent\received to server, so unlike wallhacks, it works differently.
    So the only way to detect aimbots are by methods posted above, as well as checking certain variables like precision\accuracy, player reaction speed, etc...

Still the more options and detection methods we have the better.

So I'll conclude this by encouraging you Elgan and anyone else interested to really try and see what you can do to make this script as "awesome" as possible, because it would make our lives much easier, and once we have a solid working script, I'm almost certain we can then implement it directly into the engine just like we did with the no recoil prevention.

@println3d, let me see if I can find some info about it for you if RR doesn't beat me to it.

what about wars? can you turn this off for when in a war so it doesn't get abused?

i can imagine clans might use this in wars to see where players are.

perhaps a sv_specing 1 and show it in patchver or something like what joto did with his playmode

i suppose. but the player has to be in the admins ini in order to even use this. If an admin is cheating, we have problems. I don't know many clan admins that participate in wars that condone cheating.

The problem with mohaa was and is, if it _can_ be abused it will be abused.

we can sometimes see a body on top of the player that is being watched in spec
    and it reacts even if the watched player is looking at his own team with the player is looking through wall spam.
    Last edited by blaz!ng; March 16th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

aslo its hard to see if the guy you are specing is "just a good clipper" or hacking because the view is in 3rd person can the view be changed to make it more like the actual view of the player?

Well, I don't know much about cams, so maybe Elgan could update it? I keep wanting to take the time to learn about cams, but I just can't find the time.

Banned

yes ill do it once upon a time,