Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fadein/fadeout on a player

Default fadein/fadeout on a player

I think these command should be duplicated to make them work for a specific player like others ScriptThread command, letterbox, clearletterbox, freezeplayer, releaseplayer... What do you guys think?

Banned

wont be possible until tight integration of scripting with a client side patch is added.

i don't really understand, the fadein/fadeout commands are server-side only (and i think it calls huddraw commands), i thought it was possible since there were ihuddraw commands, i will try to use ihuddraw commands to simulate fadeout/fadein, letterbox and clearletterbox.

Banned

now I'm really confused...what are you asking for?

you want fade in/out commands for individual players?....hmmm

alright, but for freezeplayer/releaseplayer I don't really know how to simulate it (i don't want to trick with the player's viewangles because the player can still move his view)

Banned

im SOOO CONFUSED by everything you have said. I asked a question and...ahh..never mind............ you have jumped all over./

what are you trying to do?

-freeze a player -
    make a new state in torso state (its the dominant state)

make the players movetype absolute...this will freeze his view and his input will nt do anything. (mouse(

i'm asking if these command could be duplicated (like huddraw commands to ihuddraw) to work on a specific player, but server-side only, without patching the client side dll.

Banned

which commands?

feezeplayer? - yes it works already no?

you put the player after , it takes a player as the arguement as far as I remember...they can be simulated anyway.

letterbox, clearletterbox,....all I can think of is stufftext and huddraw.......OR you may be able to letterbox a camera...

other than that, up to RR

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Here I come.

We'll see, but this won't be added in RC3, probably in one of the auto-update for RC3.

haha lol nice emblem