Thread: mohaa and cheating

Exclamation mohaa and cheating

I think its excellent mr tweety wants to use your patch, what would be more excellent would be him not making cheats that bypass dmw for another 8 years.

Mr.TweeTy

Quote Originally Posted by OxburkDaniel View Post
    I think its excellent mr tweety wants to use your patch, what would be more excellent would be him not making cheats that bypass dmw for another 8 years.
    Well that was a very helpful comment !! [SARCASM] That realy helped and fixed the problem! [/SARCASM] ...

And i don't agree with you on that , I am not the problem with making / improving these kind of things for me its a learning situation and i enjoy it.
    The blame lies with the people gaming in ladders and compo's , 'CLAIMING' their legit and play other teams and winning from those teams of course.
    And then they act like they are so good and have great skills and even sometimes win a cup or some other prize.
    Basically they are cheating for points a website and pretend like they are the best.
    Now WP by doing that the person just proved he is a complete idiot! .

But lets make a different topic for that and ask how the people feel about me using the patch ?

Anyways lets stay on topic so its easy to follow for me you and everyone else.

Thanks ,

TweeTy
    Last edited by Mr.TweeTy; May 29th, 2010 at 02:58 PM.

Yep I apologise for interrupting the topic. You are quite right, making cheats is perfectly acceptable - and in no way directly related to people's enjoyment of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by OxburkDaniel View Post
    Yep I apologise for interrupting the topic. You are quite right, making cheats is perfectly acceptable - and in no way directly related to people's enjoyment of the game.
    someone who has not any hands on experience is no good programming an anti-hack.

someone who has not any hands on experience is no good programming an anti-hack.
    I actually have to second that. I mean tweety isn't exactly in our shoes, but if he ever were to go the direction we're going, I guarantee he would have a good source of knowledge about how cheats work since he's made them before. And before I start pointing fingers, I'd like to say that some of the devs that were involved in making this patch have also come from that background so we can't judge people just because they used to or currently do create cheats.

I'd like to add that, had it not been for the fact that I've personally made some things in the past, I wouldn't have had any knowledge or experience in understanding how to patch the cheats if I didn't know how they work.

And actually you'll be surprised how much "positive" feedback we get from cheaters on this patch. Quite honestly I was almost expecting them to rage about it, but they actually support and encourage the patch and are looking forward to seeing it completed just like everyone else is.

We can't just point fingers, because that's not right. Everyone deserves to play a game fairly. I don't agree about cheating in ladders, but what people do is their choice. Hopefully this patch will help smooth out the gameplay transition for everyone.

BTW, in regards to DMW, I hate to say it, but I think everyone realizes how much of a joke DMW is. I've talked to Cashy and we had this discussion. I support everything he does in an attempt to fix the game, but quite frankly the steps he's taking aren't good enough because there are still bypasses. MOHAA needs another option and that option is this patch. It's going to be a new life for MOHAA and hopefully for the better.

The software and files Mr TweeTy has released on his website are in no way made to bypass the DMW software. I don't think it's fair to blame him for the way DMW acts (by doing nothing against cheating).

I wasnt relating him to dmw, i was simply laughing at the irony of someone who has cheated at mohaa for so many years, now trying to make a patch that goes against cheating. Im sure that when the patch is up and released, he will then take it upon himself to challenge the patch, in order to cheat past it - because that would be the next challenge. Anyway thats enough about it.

i was simply laughing at the irony of someone who has cheated at mohaa for so many years, now trying to make a patch that goes against cheating.
    I don't mean to come off rude, but please let me know who you would consider a good programmer for an AC? Certainly Cashy I would consider a good programmer, but we all see how flawed DMW is. And as far as any other AC available for MOHAA... well they're certainly not any better, so I am just curious who you envision as being a proper developer who would take it upon themselves to create an AC that actually does what it's supposed to do "properly"?

If you ask me, the best person to take a job like that would be someone that understand both sides of the table. Certainly you would need to understand how (aimbots, wallhacks, STWH, no recoil) works before you attempt to fix it wouldn't you agree? And such a person would have to create a cheat at some point in his life otherwise he would have no idea how it functions in the game, or for that matter to even test it against the AC they create to make sure it does the job properly.

Im sure that when the patch is up and released, he will then take it upon himself to challenge the patch, in order to cheat past it - because that would be the next challenge.
    I will actually comment this on my own, because I certainly don't want to speak for others, but quite frankly, I encourage people "attempting" to bypass it. Because if it can be bypassed (and I know there are ways) I'd like to see how the person goes about doing it, because it will just give us another way of securing our patch that 1 level higher.

Also, I do agree that I don't think Tweety ever actually released anything that bypassed DMW. Yes he made cheats, but if any server had solid protection then it wouldn't even matter. I'm sure DMW would pick it up.

Im sure that when the patch is up and released, he will then take it upon himself to challenge the patch, in order to cheat past it - because that would be the next challenge. Anyway thats enough about it.