Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-Door Block

both capture the flag and the anti dooblock are executed form the map scripts. you will need to merge them together
    :)

Thanks guys, I tried the ordering as "heatsinkbod" suggested but I still get the same problem.

As for your suggestion "Possimos", I am not following what you mean by merging them together? In what sense and how would I do it?

Thanks for the help

Hi if the Re-ordering not worked then as Possimos said merging the only way.......I have only done merges a few times my self - not to tricky but a bit of a handful if you have not done it before - Just try'd to find some docs for it on google but nothing to clear, We could do with doing a write up on this with a few screenshots would help many an admin with multi mod's.

heatsinkbod, if this is the case then perhaps it would explain why sometimes I have tried other MODs and they don't work for me, could be the same issue as in this case. When you are saying "merges" are you meaning editing the code into your maps?

Thanks

Open the doorblock pk3 and open the maps folder. In the dm and obj directories there are map scripts. Open the .scr files with notepad.

In each of these scripts you will find something similar as this:
    Code:
    	//*** Doorblock Fix
    	exec global/doorblock/dm_mohdm1.scr
    Now open the mefy-extgametypes.pk3 and go to the maps folder. Open the script with the same name and put these lines just after exec global/dmprecache.scr. Do this for every map.

When done remove all zzzzz infront of the doorblock.pk3 and it should work.

If you upload your ctf mod I will be able to do it for you too

Yes many mods can conflict - If you use Pakscape you can see how the PK3's are assembled - http://medalofhonor.filefront.com/fi..._Program;39910. Your best bet with any new mod that does not work is to take out all existing mods first get the new one working and then add each mod back one by one until a mod stops working then you can work out the culprit.

Some info on Pakscape
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrH0XttgOwU

http://www.donnahardy225.webspace.vi...dia.com/mohaa/

I am a bit of a novice on this side so hopefully one of the other guys can give you some more detailed tips

Ok guys, I am with you now

On my server I modified the weapons, so I have been in and out the .pk3 files before. I am not an expert or anything but I worked out how to get in and out of them. I will try what "Possimos" has suggested and see if I can get it working. Failing that "Possimos" if you could help that would be superb

Ok, I gave that a try but still can't get it to work.

So I made the change to the following map.src:
    user-mefy-ctf-obj_team2_1_2.pk3

Editing the lines of code to read:
    PHP Code:
    //*** Doorblock Fix

exec global/doorblock/obj_team2.scr 
    I changed it to the name of the map I am using which is the v2 Rocket Facility - perhaps I named that wrong?

Thanks

Code:
    	//*** Doorblock Fix
    	exec global/doorblock/obj_objteam2.scr
    but you ahve to edit in the obj_team2.scr
    Last edited by Possimos; July 4th, 2011 at 01:39 PM.

Tried, that and it's still not working for me. I have attached the pk3 for you to look over if you get a chance.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files