Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spearhead Demo Recording

Default Spearhead Demo Recording

This patch enables demo recording in Spearhead. It's for English Spearhead version 2.15 with Razor 1911 patch. The original game file is scrambled so I had to work with razor's exe.
    Instructions:
    1. Download sh_demopatch.7z
    2. Extract patch to your MOHAA base folder
    3. Start sh_dm4patch.exe. If you've got the right moh_spearhead.exe, it will create a new moh_spearhead_dm4.exe
    4. Play with moh_spearhead_dm4.exe, start demo recording with "record" console command.
    5. Stop recording with "stoprecord". The demo will be saved as *.dm3, but cannot be read by spearhead because of bad code.
    6. Extract convert to mainta\demos folder. Start sh_dm4convert.exe to convert all present .dm3 files to .dm4 files, which will be readable by moh_spearhead_dm4.exe and can be played with "playdemo" command

Source code included.
    Last edited by wombat; September 21st, 2011 at 01:06 PM.

Nice job wombat! Thanks for sharing!

when i start sh_dm4patch.exe it open a windows, after i go on a server, and i type record in my consol, nothing work. What can i do?

I need moh_spearhead_dm4.exe

maybe run as administartor?

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Please don't triple post!

This won't make things go faster.

It's for English Spearhead version 2.15 with Razor 1911 patch. <--- get the proper no-cd crack

whata bout dm4convert wombat, i wait you !

Nissa, how about "Thank you very much wombat" first then asking kindly for more ? Or you able to make it yourself ?

Nissa told me what's wrong. I fixed the errors and updated the file. Everything should be fine now. If anyone has problems running dm4patch.exe they should run it as admin because it needs file write access.