Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Spearhead Demo Recording

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Can someone rally explain to me whats the key problem with this?

What really works, what not and why should it work in your opinion?
    http://clanbase.ggl.com/forum.php?fi...FFDFEF#3164543

no one want plays without cg_smoothclients 1. demo work only in cg_smoothclients 0.

when you play spearhead and you install patch 2.15, cg_smoothclients 0 and cg_smoothclientstime 300 --> that is default 2.15 patch

But everbody play in cg_smoothclients 1 for the camera, like i show you on the screenshots, and cg_smoothclientstime 100 = for no lag. The demo work only in 2.15 patch default ( cg_smoothclient 0 / cg_smoothclienstime 300 ). Cant read a demo If I'm recording more than 5-10 min in cg_smoothclients 1 and cg_smoothclientstime 100.
    Last edited by Nissa; April 3rd, 2012 at 09:16 AM.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Try to play it with g_synchronousClients 1, and try to record with g_synchronousClients 1

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Try to play it with g_synchronousClients 1, and try to record with g_synchronousClients 1
    it work with cg_smoothclients 1 and cg_smoothclientstime 100. but problem is in g_synchronousclients 1, when ur turn left and right u lag/shiver/tremble like in the demo, It's impossible to shoot someone, Very hard.

exemple watch this demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPq1ZbO5dN0

you can see the lag when ur turn left/right. on moh:aa it's only when u read a demo, but when you're playing in recording you dont lag/shiver/tremble. on spearhead yes with ur g_synchronousclients1. But I can read the demo ( good news ), We have to fixe the problem about lag when we turn left/right. I hope so you understand my shit english!
    Last edited by Nissa; April 3rd, 2012 at 11:16 AM.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

actually, you have to deal with it, documentation from the ioquake3 engine:

Code:
    Com_Printf (S_COLOR_YELLOW "WARNING: You should set 'g_synchronousClients 1' for smoother demo recording\n");
    and MoHAA is based on quake3 engine.

You have to play with cg_smoothclients, cg_smoothclientstime ang g_synchronousClients to find best setting or just accept the lag. There's nothing more we can do about it.

I don't want to write here an essay why, and explain to you about movement and packets interpolation, extrapolation and so on. It's not about the thing we can't change the engine, we can change it, but we can't change the concept of engine mechanics, so.. if you have money and time.. pay someone to write the engine from scratch, that will base on different concepts (like the ones from Half-Life engine, where they shift backward in time using packet history, so player with bigger ping can kill you even if you are already behind a wall).

There will always be a drawback unless Net connection gets so fast that ping will be measured in ps, ns, us and not in 100> ms

Com_Printf (S_COLOR_YELLOW "WARNING: You should set 'g_synchronousClients 1' for smoother demo recording\n");
    Yes but it's impossible to play with.. I'm okey to play without cg_smoothclientstime 100 ( for no lag ) but I wont play in cg_smoothclients 0. Everybody want playing in cg_smoothclients 1 for the camera, It's very different to play with( the configuration of the game and the aim). I think it will never ending this demo recorder for spearhead, and I have no money and I'm not a programer. so Lucky moh:allied assault, they got no problem. Thx for evrything bye.
    Last edited by Nissa; April 3rd, 2012 at 03:25 PM.

that may be the reason why the demo recording was deactivated in the first place. you say the problem does not occur in Allied Assault?

on Allied Assault the demo recorder work perfectly, same as spearhead too. But 90 % of the community Spearhead play in 2.15 patch with cg_smoothclients 1 and cg_smoothclientstime 100, but you cant recording with that comand, you need to put g_synchronousClients 1 to make it work; But it's impossible/hard to play with..
    Last edited by Nissa; April 6th, 2012 at 08:45 AM.

There isn't actually any activity for spearhead on clanbase. And the demo recording isn't bulletproof anticheat either. If players seeking for ways around they will find them or have them allready.
    Its allready a lot of work to get something valueable up for one game version, if you have to do it for multiple versions its a full time life job. Consider moving to AA or play with ppl you trust is my advice.

If wombat made some change and it's doing a comparison and jumping to some function or part of the code, you can try this (though, it's not a good way to do it)

setup a break point to figure out where the values are being stored and compared.. Once you get the location in the binary, make a unconditional jump as long as the value is greater than 0.

so you can use JNE or JNZ

my assumption (and I'm totally guessing in the dark here)..

wombat is checking if the cvar is enabled assuming it has a value. If it's enabled, he then goes into a function or some portion of the code and tells it to start recording.

The issue lies; based on what you're saying, that it works only for a specific value, which case he must be specifying. in other words

Code:
    if(g_synchronousClients->value == 1 && cg_smoothclientstime == 1)

so you can change it to the below

Code:
    if(g_synchronousClients->value > 0 && cg_smoothclientstime > 0)
    {
    //do stuff
    }

Quote Originally Posted by JoTo View Post
    There isn't actually any activity for spearhead on clanbase. And the demo recording isn't bulletproof anticheat either. If players seeking for ways around they will find them or have them allready.
    Its allready a lot of work to get something valueable up for one game version, if you have to do it for multiple versions its a full time life job. Consider moving to AA or play with ppl you trust is my advice.
    last summer we had more than 800 activity on clanbase for spearhead, ( 50-60 wars prs day ) I asked wombat to make this function record last summer. And if Everybody leave spearhead, it cause of to many cheaters; our anticheat ( uac ) is shit we got black screenshots with windows seven, we cant knowing if someone is cheating or not ( WH ). But we find a solution for uac, we have to play in r_mode -1 for a clean screenshot( only for windows seven ), now we need a function record for the aimbot.

If wombat or someone cant do more, It's okey. Wombat already did a good job and Thank you very much for that. I play this game now 10 years; like I said I know the community Spearhead on clanbase, you can trust me Everybody play in cg_smoothclients 1 with 2.15 patch, demo dont work on it, I cant read the demo if I'm recording more than 10-15 min like i said.
    Last edited by Nissa; April 6th, 2012 at 12:33 PM.