Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spearhead Demo Recording

yes and not, you dont hit someone perfectly in 2.15 and 2.11. It's different, i cant hit someone well in 2.15 patch, I need to use cg_smoothclients '1' and It's same for everybody.

people can use 2.15 It's okey, but the demo have to work on cg_smoothclients 0 and 1.
    Last edited by Nissa; April 1st, 2012 at 09:25 AM.

I agree with RR, you have to play around with the cvars, but I believe there is camera displacement and there are other cvars to control the hit as well. It's just a matter of tinkering with the settings.

i actually don't know anything about how ur doing it and stuff but as i see to change the camera view is not that complicated isn't it?

or atleast in ur post i see that ur feeling confident and you know how it works

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

In MoH:AA there's a CVar for changing camera view heigh and so on.

As I said before - DEMO RECORDING CAN ONLY WORK WITH CG_SMOOTHCLIENTS 1, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE IT WORK WITH 0, NOT BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT BUT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SMOOTH STREAM OF PACKETS AT CONSTANT SERVER FPS SPEED AND FOR THIS CG_SMOOTHCLIENTS IS NEEDED. IT'S THE SAME FOR MOH:AA

-----------------------------------

Edit: Well, stuff I've posted above may not be totally true. The thing is, without g_smoothclients, the client is extrapolating players positions, which means, it guesses future player positions and then if it turns out it guessed wrong player positions, they are tweaked and fixed on the fly.

ur right it work. thx a lot
    Last edited by Nissa; April 1st, 2012 at 01:06 PM.

Glad you got it working. I did end up contacting wombat, though I haven't gotten a response from him yet, though it looks like you got it all sorted out now. Good for you. Maybe you can share your settings with other users so that they can get it working too.

@Dyner, I haven't played MOHAA in a long long time. I still do "stuff" for it and play around with debugging things here and there, but my resources are pretty limited (10 yr old laptop) haha, so I don't really game on it. My post above, was fairly confident because I remember playing around with those cvars in MOHAA several years ago when I was playing with 3rd person view. That's how I knew it was possible, although it just took some tinkering with to get the configuration that worked best.

WARNING!!!

The demo work only if im recording in cg_smoothclients 0. if im recording more than 10 min in cg_smoothclients 1, I cant read the demo.

It work only in 2.15 default ( cg_smoothclients 0 and cg_smoothclientstime 300 ). cant recording more than 5-10 min in cg_smoothclients 1 and cg_smoothclientstime 100.
    Last edited by Nissa; April 2nd, 2012 at 01:59 PM.

Last edited by Nissa; April 2nd, 2012 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    WARNING!!!

The demo work only if im recording in cg_smoothclients 0. if im recording more than 10 min in cg_smoothclients 1, I cant read the demo.

It work only in 2.15 default ( cg_smoothclients 0 and cg_smoothclientstime 300 ). cant recording more than 5-10 min in cg_smoothclients 1 and cg_smoothclientstime 100.
    hm looks like we're still not done with it

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Can someone rally explain to me whats the key problem with this?

What really works, what not and why should it work in your opinion?