Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spawn Protect mod by tommaso

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Elephant1au View Post
    I tested locally, works fine for me , its actually a very well done mod , the built in debug mode shows alot of information aswell ,
    I was just giving this mod a look... from a quick gander through the code, I don't think it will work for FFA (spawn protect and spawncamping), just TDM, OBJ, etc.

Am I missing something?

It is useful especially when a team spawns at the same place. Like the Allies spawn on the road on Hunt. It works pretty well on the objective maps and it supports mohdm7, too. If you want to have spawning areas on DM maps, you should relocate some spawning points on them however we experienced bugs when we forced the OBJ gametype to DM maps (spawning with the opposite angle, teleporting).

it also gives u spawnprotect on the 3 first seconds righht?, but why does the light not working so u can see your protected?

@Todesengel: If you put a anti-camp on the server problably can fix that problem.

@bulldozer: You could disable the DM spawnpoints when you switch to OBJ, maybe is conflicting with the others.

And some spawnpoints dont have angles, you need to define one if you whant.

and also spawn protect: on keeps displaying and not leaving after the spawnprotect is gone

it also gives u spawnprotect on the 3 first seconds righht?, but why does the light not working so u can see your protected?

any fixes for that double?

edit: i also see that when allies keep camping their own spawn they get a warning after 35 seconds but doesnt get hurt, but mayvbe the mod doesnt like linux as this kind of things happen me before
    Last edited by Slimbips {sfx}; December 31st, 2017 at 05:10 AM.

The spawn protect message is global not individual.

The players stays protected until get out of the place is protected.

The light is working on my local game.

The hurt is 5 damage, if you not getting damage is something wrong.

yeah seems fixed when i removed admin pro

Ok, so it sounds like the tommaso spawnprotect really isn't going to work for FFA. I will keep hunting for a decent spawnprotect that will work with both FFA and Teamplay. I'd love to find something using purples event handler spawn event. If nothing exists, I may try to cobble something together. Thanks for the advice and ideas!

Todesengel.... what kind of spawnprotect u meen?... just 3 seconds spawnprotect at the start and u will be green lighted when spawn?. thats in admin pro