Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: mohaa source code

Unhappy mohaa source code

my friend, 'Baker' - who's currently working on a hungarian dub for mohaa with his team - mentioned the request of the source code to one of the community managers of EA Hungary, but no answer so far... at least one, EA can't support a dub officially...

also, I got reply from icculus few months ago...nothing tangible, but he may still have the source but it doesn't belong to him...

all in all...just a few questions to answer:
    who owns it at present? can we fight for it somehow? should we give up this rush?

Both Elgan, wombat, snake and Cobra tried getting the source with no go. Would be nice to try, but I'm not holding my breath.

EA is owner and copyrightholder of the moh franchise. So they are owner and copyright holder of the aa source. As far as I know EA never had the source itself in hands or only parts of it

The studio that developed mohaa was 2015.

There are 3 possible parties / persons who still may have the source:

2015. In the person of the CEO Tom Kudirka.

Vince Zampalla and Jason West as they were the head developers at 2015 then founded Infinity Ward now back with their new company to alliance with EA.

Icculus. He did the Linux conversion.

My bet would be that, if someone has still the source than its Icculus. But he has signed contract to keep it closed. In any way the only legal way to the source leads through EA.

Banned

From conversations ive had, read and can be read on MRU. EA do not have the source code. they lost it.

They have SH/BT code,a dn were willing to give it to us for a "patch". If we signed things.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgan View Post
    ... If we signed things.
    what kind of things ?

non disclosure agreements if I'm not mistaken.

Banned

correct

mmmmm - ok so thinking about this............

So say AA source is gone forever (I hope not) but if we could get SH or BT source ???

Look at what you are planning on AA without source......as in player Client side patch update, would an end user notice he is now running SH / BT ?

- so end user does client install to update.... so a bit of reverse code to pull back AA stock maps....... but gain also on SH or BT autodownload - The player client would upgrade to patch both SH and BT can play as AA so is not SH and BT source code just as important ?

I guess I am thinking if we can get SH or BT to play as AA which is not far off in default format ......So If an AA player has to update his side to play as is planned already with patch 1.12 client update, cant we find a solution with source from SH or BT to work also.................

(says he of great program skills)

If they really lost AA's code then too bad, but yes even SH and BT code would be SUPER helpful in our situation. It wasn't until they released Pacific Assault that the engine was completely rewritten and would do little to no good for us. SH and BT however would still be very helpful. I just don't think they take our work seriously. We can show them all of the work we have done to see if it would suffice their decision in allowing us access to the source.