Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: mohaa source code

Quote Originally Posted by heatsinkbod View Post
    MOHAA + source code = BIG bug fix + Anticheat + more mod's + more enhancements = orgasmic FPS game play
    How simple is that Jon )
    [IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh77/TDogg1100/pee1.gif[/IMG]

I know guy who wrote code for wolfenstein. He is not in gaming bussines any more, he is doing some ("algorithms" if i remember good) for some NASA guys lol. Can he help maybe with geting hold of this code? He live in Kalifornia.
    [IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh77/TDogg1100/pee1.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by =voy= View Post
    I know guy who wrote code for wolfenstein. He is not in gaming bussines any more, he is doing some ("algorithms" if i remember good) for some NASA guys lol. Can he help maybe with geting hold of this code? He live in Kalifornia.
    You mean Return to Castle Wolfenstein? the source code of this game (like Quake3's code, moh is built with the same engine) is completly free i think.

Moh is a conglomerance of code. It's basically FAKK2 + q3 with some custom extra crap.

I got in touch with the MOH franchise tech lead just 3 months ago (which was a miracle already), asking for help with the openmohaa project. He said they would like to help but there were many reasons they couldn't. He didn't say what reasons though.
    My interpretation is they could *try* to give out the source if they really wanted, but the uncertainty is too high it could mean quite some hassle - digging out the source (they may not have it, but I bet Ryan Gordon does), look through it to ensure a release is alright, and getting all legal issues cleared. I think we'd underestimate the difficulties they would be faced with. Not insurmountable, but quite some effort. Question is only if they think the effort is worth it. And it looks like they don't think it is.

I think we should keep on trying so they see that it's important to us. + as Elgan pointed out, their motivation rises when new MOH titles are coming.

Banned

Sounds about right.

My effort those years back; Whoever the guy was. Offered us this and that, got as far as saying, he needs to get the legal team to draw something up to sign. Then it fizzled out. I assume the head of legal just laughed.

Ok I know so many of us new to this subject but seem's clear so much interest and support so who will take ownership and progress and give it ago with all our support ???

Banned

really there is not that much support anymore.

We demo'd a lot to EA that time, and really it doesn't mean as much as Websites, their traffic.

mru, died, let it die, on its last year. Don't have time to maintain it. Plus i don't skin, only code. and not interested in web code, much love actual coding now days, though you can use c,c# etc on webs. bores me.

look at the moh army, and moh , errm, i can't rmemeber, moh leaders? soemthing, the ones that all visited LA. They were not of modders or great hackers. They were all website staff.

I would be willing to sort it if we go for a german "eingetragener Verein" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eingetragener_Verein , Spokesman / Contact person between EA has to be someone else.

The analogy in english would be club or union or "non profit organisation" (while the german version is also allowed to act as a business)

It has many benifits compared to a "normal company": Its able to legally act as company with all advantages and also being able to gain material / financial support from authorities up to be tax-exempt if the "benefit for the community" is met (would be in case the union would make any profit).

The minimum persons needed for founding are seven, I suggest people interested in being a member pm to me and we set up private section in forums then and see and discuss how it goes further.

-------------
    Edit:

Just to prevent of missunderstanding, becuz the post above contains the word "profit": I would only be willing to spend time on this, if any profit that might be done with this is 100% donated to WWF http://www.wwf.org/ or a similiar organisation.

WWF? Founded by far left extremist. Are u crazy, my little boy?
    "La merde a de l'avenir. Vous verrez qu'un jour on en fera des discours."
    Louis Ferdinant Céline