Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Elgbot 2.0 Serverisde for testing purposes (name recognition of player only)

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Well, you could always store only IP, and show information about player names that were recently playing with this IP. So when I connect I would get a message: your last nicknames were: blabla

Banned

Thanx!

+Razo.

but again, people with dynamic IP's? :\

can see why new games have logins, but at the same time, i thinka login should be seperate from their username. I hate new game logins. and think it should be per server.

so maybe using the admin thing, it could be optional to "login". then i just check is admin.. or cvared off, names or cvar, ip..

i havent looked at hwo the admin functions work now. I imagine it's a long the same lines, but changed since mine wombats mohfix ?

Admin functions are totally your and wombat's code. If there are any changes, there are there only for stability purposes.

Well, we could always create new functions for registering/reserving names and loggin-in. Each server would need to keep quite big file of player names and passwords, and loop through it each connect attempt (for already registered name etc.). It could slow patch a lot. I don't know. We can try it out at least.

Banned

I always have just liked the idea of some reward for server owners and communities.

They own, build, pay and run servers. I liked the idea of , if you register in their community, playing on their server, then has a lot of good for them, they go back to that server. etc.

You register on their website or so, or emailing admin, you're added tot he list. Then you are a server "member". and then when you join. Your stats etc are kept. hm.

Get the same people, same fun, anyone shit, banned.

make sense?

but for now, not sure, see how the name thing goes, but so many with the same lame names, however, a lot of people with individual clan names etc.

i have a bit more work to do on it, Want to add another menu...
    Then i will be waiting for feedback. and letting people add, modify it.
    -
    -
    I could add the ability to exec scripts on events, for reward similar to arms mod. I would'nt want to step on toes though.

W've been thinking as you know about some kind of identification method. We can discuss this in Devs section.

Banned

Elgbot Serverside 2.0.1

2.0.1 (untested, just written)
    Added scoreboard menu on key bind "keyp 3"
    Added cvar "elgbot_announceend"
    Added stat "endedspree". Counts how many killing spree's you have ended.
    Fixed respawn debug line left behind.
    Fixed instructions for global

Updated first post

Won't names exceed screen when there are more than 16 ppl ?
    You could create some kind of scrolling I think it's possible (2 keypress'es and you can scroll it down and up by 1 )

Everything else is awesome.

Banned

very true. as i could only try with 1 player, i dont know. I have to trya nd get mohaa running again on win7

can some one post a screen shot when they think its quite full, se i can see how it looks. ? or tell me what their IP is.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    You could create some kind of scrolling
    a scrollbar would be the most useful imo