Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Elgbot 2.0 Serverisde for testing purposes (name recognition of player only)

yea this mod is amazing, alot of ppl who remember the original elgbot were so happy to see this being made. and they know its still in beta so it wont be perfect just yet, that still doesnt stop them from wanting to play and check their stats constantly... havent checked it with freezetag yet, but it brings alot of fun back to tdm matches. dam shame ur leaving mohaa after this elgan, ur mods were always amazing.

Hi Elgan have updated 109.70.148.92:12261 - - FYI - patchver still shows beta but it is running gamma

ok so far so good.. did notice one error in qconsole.
    Code:
     Adding script: 'dm/mohdm2.scr'
    	level waittill prespawn (elgbot/main.scr, 406)
    	level ^

^~^~^ Script Error: invalid waittill prespawn for 'Level'
    it has this posted whenever a map changes. this is the part of the main.scr its refering too

Code:
     serverfile:

//dont execute too fast or BOOM
    	level waittill prespawn

//open a file object for the sever
    	self.elgbotfile = waitthread elgbot/files.scr::openserverfile

//now all the stats are initiated:
    	//try getting stats back from the cvar...(if we changed round, map or something...)
    	//if not, then read from the file
    	if(!(waitthread elgbot/elgbot.scr::readstatscvar))
    	{
    		//read the file
    		waitthread elgbot/files.scr::readstats
    	}
    	else
    	{	
    		//save our stats to file,
    		waitthread elgbot/files.scr::writestats

//and delete
    		waitthread self.elgbotfile.deletefile
    	}

Banned

ignore that, its mohaas fault not mine

Banned

if you change map with rcon...u mess the mod up. wait for the next version using gamma. until then, nothing i can do.
    Murdock , so ur correct...not a real bug, really, as nothing i can do.

keyp 6, no idea what ur on about...u mean the menu doesnt go off when u tap the button? thats your fault too, its because of your flood protection.

bodies? maybe i left a respawn debug command, make sure debug is 0. or wait.
    but should fix with next version. might do it on the weekend.

assists work by if u gave a player pain, i will double check it but its likely that a player ahrmed them in one way or another, or maybe its not cleared after the person is killed. i will check it's code.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    This mod will need few changes after 2.5 Gamma release, but I'm sure you should be only happy because of this. Most errors should disappear with 2.5 Gamma and this mod re-done for it.
    Correct, this is understood well thank you
    so it will be gamma only after the update,....and then will have minor fixes for final version.

reason? i implemented my own intermission event , and recoded it for that, knowing one would come./ now i have the event, i can remove my code,and use the intermission event supplied. so not much needs to change.

is it possible that elgbot produces lag on the server? some ppl complain about it, buy maybe it is also because our server is lately busier then ever.
    Anyone else experiences this?

Banned

anything is possible.

but do you get lag?

elgbot is only really having any impact when a player leaves or at the end of a map.

if they still moan, ban them and tell them to live in a real country

but elgbot is also producing constanly the messages of "headshot""killing spree" etc etc, doesnt that have any impact?

Banned

A tiny impact, adding up numbers and then using the game function. There is a cvar for them messages.

Could have a tiny impact i guess.....Im sorry, i can not optimise it any more, i already went through it. ...do you really notice a log of lag yourself? if so, can always cut things out...

with next version, will improve a tiny bit. will be taking out a major loop that at the moment runs constantly.

see the question is, is it laggy for everyone, or just 1 or 2? or 1 or 2, now, with the mod?

i cant do much more...features = impact.

sorry,

messages though? ....ever notice that messages are printing non stop about deaths and chat? - uses the same functions. .....

There is also A LOT a client can do to improve their game performance (lag)....Some people just dont..

I dont have any lag at all, and tested it yesterday in server with about 18 ppl. So they where just whiners