Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Elgbot 2.0 Serverisde for testing purposes (name recognition of player only)

Banned

everything

elgan folder, global and also FT pack is updated

space menu out...cut names..to try and fit these long names in:
    broken accuracy somehow.. :\

sometimes the best players menu shows NIl BUT then works later....weird...probably a formatting thing, but not a bad issue at the moment........and...that is it....

thanx for everyones help, helped fix meny things.

also i mgiht drop team kills off of the best player? can either totally drop it

updated hud to not be affected by large names...seems good now.

so....just your total accuracy..not displaying right, which is weird , because it counts right for the msot accurate awards... i bet logfile will be interesting..apart from that..nothing major and all works ok!...feel free to steal the files for use while i tweak cosmetic things, which may take a week or two with starting school and stuff

EDIT:
    * Fixed accuracy. works well now.
    - no more 100 percent for most players. now shows accuracy over the round, and also shows accuracy correctly in round scoreboard and total scoreboard shows your best accuracy
    * Fixed time function to display correctly!

Needs testing..:P

* added players name to the stats files, so if you are reading them with say..PHP..and it is IP..you can still get their name...

EDIT:

Okei, i found some problems with the awards sytem, discovered a way to detect team win and intermissions...though more impact on the server!
    * fixed awards systems and top 5 players systems.
    * still using the "vm" style cvar saving and only saving the files on player exit.
    * changed the scoreboard displaying methods for top players,
    * so taken off some impact on the server during game, moved it to the end of the round and match. (a lot more at the end)....but maybe for smoother game play..
    much more flexible top system, you could change it or adapt it to keep top scores for all or any stats you wish, (but you will need to edit the hud manually)

...again...all needs testing...

EDIT:...........apart from that..because its now at the end of the round..if u geta high score then leave..it wont save........shuit? or tough luck..stay till the end...
    Last edited by Elgan; September 3rd, 2011 at 09:04 PM.

hi, tried your mod yesterday in our server. Have played for about 2 hours, and had multi double kills and multi kills etc etc.
    But all times stats doesnt seem to be saved, some vaulues are saved but they are wrong to.
    elgbot 2.04 fixed is used.

[elgbot]
    allies=6
    axis=0
    gotbash=0
    wasbashed=0
    firstblood=0
    suicides=0
    deathsnokill=1
    killsnodeath=2
    kills=4
    deaths=4
    endedspree=0
    [dblkill]
    dblkill=0
    multikill=0
    ultrakill=0
    monstkill=0
    [kspree]
    kspree=0
    rampage=0
    dominating=0
    unstoppable=0
    godlike=0
    holyshit=0
    [deathloc]
    unknown=1
    head=0
    neck=0
    torso=2
    arm=0
    leg=1
    [killloc]
    unknown=0
    head=0
    neck=0
    torso=3
    arm=0
    leg=1

Banned

im working on newer versions. Not much i can tell from that sorry murdock.

all the stats are saved in the same manour. Maybe its getting confused or more than 1 player is from the same ip, name or something?

edit: what game type is it?
    i realised a bug that with FFA data could be lost, i think that was .4, might of been .3, I have written cvar saving siunce then

game type is tdm and indeed some player play with the same ip. I will get a log for ya maybe that clears things up.

Banned

ah its ok, thank you pretty sure i know whats going on.

in a few hours ill have 1.5, i have rewritten A LOT of it, removed some features ( i know).but i wanted less on the hud. and less going on as ive now got a lot going on for intermission detection...

it should be a nice peace in a few hours...and v. extendible, moddable. so you can mod it how you want for your server.

also has foundations for a "game mode" or "match mode"...just have no clue how to implement it ...or how it should shwo the recordings, but thats for another summer holidays..ha

Banned

here we go. I decided to just release this instead of spending a few hours testing and waiting for people..probably a mistake as i have rewritten so much.

However. I have not got that much time left and spent nearly everyday all day at the PC. so it's up to you guys and im pretty confident it is stable enough to release:

I have written a relitivly untested "intermission" detection system based on frag, time, limits, cvars and players on each team./ when it detects this, it saves stats.

UPDATED FIRST POST:
    In which i have updated the client to also have Red Graves installer and a pk3 for options/controller menu. none of which is tested but im pretty confident i didnt get it wrong.

I went up a version because of how much has changed.

Elgbot2Client_sounds
    Added Red Grave's installer to Elgbot2Client_sounds.zip + a pk3 which adds the stats menus to your control bindings (in controller options)

NOTE: This is NOT compatible with the reborne PK3's version of strings.scr

Added top players scoreboard.
    Prints to game chat killing sprees
    Simplified who killd who code.
    Added assists to player score display stats
    Fixed blank hud draw string bug on linux servers
    Deprecated elgbot_continuoussave. All stats now use AP style cvar saving.
    Added percentages to stats menu
    Added stat "assists"
    Added stat "rounds"
    Added stat "Team kills"
    Added stat "Time Played"
    Added awards menu on next round start for last rounds players.
    Added stat "kills" for each weapon,
    Added stat "total kills" for each weapon,
    Added new menu to show weapon kills and total kills with their percentage from your total kills
    Added KDR, kill Death Ratio
    Added new scoreboard information , now shows at timed events, row kills, deaths leaders, current most lethal, damaging, dangerous, accurate and deadly
    Added Awards system. Editable. Showing but not limited to the fllowing stats
    Added stat "Most Lethal"
    Added stat "Most Deadly"
    Added stat "Most Accurate"
    Added stat "Most Damaging"
    Added stat "headhunter"
    Added stat "Bash king"
    Added stat "Melt king"
    Added stat "Streak King"
    Added stat "Taget"
    Changed look of stats menus
    Optimised code for speed.
    Moved all saving to cvars.
    Removed Best kills in a row and most deaths in a row from the game hud. Feel they are nto used, and cuts down on in game hud.
    Added system to detect intermissions.
    Last edited by Elgan; September 4th, 2011 at 11:48 AM.

WOW - will have a play later )))) Your time on effort on this has been amazing and the results show

Cheers Elgan

hi tonight tested latest version, but a problem.

The fraglimit was constantly changing to 1, although i changed it to 0.
    This resulted in loaded every time a new map. And with more then 10 players this was about every 15 seconds.
    In the begining when there were only two players all went well but when more player came this occured.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Murdock; September 5th, 2011 at 01:29 PM.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Interesting log.

I've seen some bugs, I'll have to check certain places in code.

Banned

My fault sorry, its how i detect fraglimit, i set it higher, then change it back when i hit the asked limit. causes a intermission.

i dont have my pc here, i am away...here is how to fix: for a fix, right now, i would usggest just setting fraglimit to 999 or something. that way, it wont get reached...

to fix it properly.

you need to open eventhandler, find the kill bit and find where it checks for fraglimit, and just put above:

if(level.totalkills == 0)
    {
    end
    }

and it wont ever check....i did not think of this ...oops.

a similar one for the time limit. (checked for in main.scr)

think thats it as far as i can think of.sorry for the trouble...thanx for testing...but i think that will clear it!