• Prices are good

2 25.00%
  • Prices are very good

1 12.50%
  • Prices are excellent

1 12.50%

Thread: MOHAA / TS slot prices

Default MOHAA / TS slot prices

Hi all Could I ask a favour for your views on the following prices for MOHAA services, done some market research - just need to see if you think that they are fair prices ......

8 - Total cost £3.60
    16 - total cost £7.20
    20 - total cost £9.00
    32 - total cost £14.40

Teammspeak 3 : *
    10 - Total cost £2.00
    16 - Total cost £3.20
    20 - Total cost £4.00
    32 - Total cost £6.40

all our profits (currently minus LOL ) go back into support of MOHAA we want to expand and improve the dedi boxes hence the review........We would of course still give the test servers to developers as these cause minimal resource use and develop features for the game. It would be good that in the future we can get a separate Dev box for Developers
    Last edited by heatsinkbod; June 27th, 2011 at 11:08 AM.

League / Affiliates Representant <Shifty's Avatar

14.40 British pounds is €16,11
    €16,11/32 = €0,5 per slot which is very cheap

same goes for TS, if these are your prices I might get a server with AAAA
    As finishing touch god created the Dutch

Thanks Shifty - Well I compared prices across a few UK major Gaming hosts........ LOL I may now increase prices again )))))) only Joking, Being open this is price per slot for UK

MOHAA Server slot price £0.45 per slot

TS3 slot price £0.20 per slot

Any input to this greatly Welcomed )))

In Hungary, it seems, MOHAA servers are more expensive than in other countries such as the UK.
    (32 slot = approximately 17 GBP) but for people who earn about 400 GBP/month??

All depend on server qualities/specks.
    32 slot server you can have now for £9.99
    [IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh77/TDogg1100/pee1.gif[/IMG]

I think prices for servers are worldwide more or less in the same range thats because the hardware that is needed both for servers and infrastructure has a global price in difference to labour costs. I remember an egyptian friend saying that the price for a server in egypt is the same as in europe. With an average income of only a few euros / month (50?) almost every amount for a game server would be expensive.

So for people from a certain country a given price for a server may be cheap for others expensive, maybe heres a key concept for fair prices ?

Further thinking about this brought me to the following: Many providers make allready the difference between public and private servers to map the usage of the servers to the costs more correctly. It might be even better to cover this by the real usage so that the end cost of a server is the sum of a base price and a price according to the usage of a game server.
    Gamers Network - www.scapp.net

mmmm yeh well going by above and only 8 votes I feel about just above average - a bit difficult with only 8 votes..............

I see where you are coming from with usage - which is why I give the test servers free to developers as they cause no overheads but will have to investigate how I would monitor usage for discounts..............

Quote Originally Posted by heatsinkbod View Post
    ... will have to investigate how I would monitor usage for discounts..............
    scapp-watchdog will do the monitoring for you . ( I will need to add some calculating that gives a percentage value of usage at the end of the month)

Well imho the best and fairest price for your servers is like this: Assuming that its your hobby and you offer your work you put on this is for free and you are not going for a win then the price per slot is: [price per slot = your costs : sum of slots]