Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch Problems

Default Patch Problems

Hi guys,

Its me again,, Drewski

I have ben through these forums to find solutions for problems i have with the patch, but i find different info relating to old probs etc,,,so here goes...

When i uploaded the 1st Alpha patch, everything worked fine except the ad_say and ad_sayp, (see Admin Prob)
    So, thnx to you guys i uploaded the Gamma .dll and the patch .pk3, and the say commands worked fine
    But in a match on Friday, I saw the 'ghosting spec' thing and the 'spec player on back'...This is with the NEW Gamma RC2 pk3 and .dll??? Can someone explain?? I didnt get this prob with the 1st relaese like some did, only now since upgrade....strange huh?

So I went back to 1st relaese of pk3 and .dll (which had been stable for me) and now it works ok,,,how can the older patch be better than the Gamma?

Anyway, once playing with 1st patch installed, i specced someone using the 'left lean' glitch very well on a map (almost 12" into the door post, in scale of course) I had ALL protection running antiwh 1, antistwh 1, sound thingy too, and recoil thingy.

I appreciate how much work has gone into this patch, and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on these probs.

Thank you for your time,,,always

Gaz Drewski
    Last edited by Drewski; June 27th, 2011 at 07:01 AM. Reason: spelling error

Forgot to say, i'm running Windows
    Thnx

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

This is known problem for Gamma. It happened because there were some AntiWH modifications introduced to reduce lag, but this problem occured then. This is the first thing on my TODO list and will be fixed in upcoming, soonto be released, next patch version.

Thnx for replying Razo

Is the 'left lean' glitch removed by enabling the antiwh or antistw?

Which patch ver does this work on?

Thnx in advance

Drewski

Can someone please tell me does antiwh stop the 'left lean glitch'??
    If YES, which version of the patch does??
    I am asking because of issues with the ghosting spec, i used '1st' patch with antiwh enabled and found someone glitching
    Thnx for your time guys

Drewski

hi gaz.....
    firstly glad to see you onboard with the patch .
    all versions of antistwh work fine ,but what it stops is the right lean into walls which is the shoot through wall hack .
    it prevents its use by stopping damage ,so any one detected corner clipping can fire a million bullets and none will harm the person being shot at ..
    but only if the weapon is in the wall ....so if the gun is a fraction outside the wall the shot will count.
    many players are good at "corner clipping"and dont need to be upto the wall to make it work, and as long as the gun is not in the wall it is a legal shot.
    hope that answers your question....
    =COH=Ubersoldier/Dax
    mess with the best ,die like the rest !!!

In addition, jv_map made a great pack containing new or fixed animations for the player and weapon models... I didn't manage to test it yet, but it probably works...If it does, hope it will be included in the patch.
    Here's its readme:
    Code:
    MOH:R Anticlip V2 by jv_map

V2 -> improved 4 of the bazooka anims mostly to look better

Anticlip strives to prevent clipping and selfspeccing bugs in the game MoH:AA.

clipping -> shooting an enemy while hardly exposing yourself
    self-speccing -> observing an enemy without exposing yourself

106 new player anims are included. 
    New anims have the player more backwards and more upright.

Other changes:
    - BAR is now held and fired from shoulder
    - some grenade anims have been replaced by better looking ones
    - some mp40 anims changed
    - fixed hold-fire bug on shotgun and bazooka

-----------------------------
    Jan 22, 2006
    Jeroen Vrijkorte
    jv_map@planetmedalofhonor.com
    Cheers!

Thnx for replying
    This guy was 'clipping' successfully in my server with the Reborn Patch running

Can anybody explain to me how, if antiwh stops this??

Thats why i wanted to know which patch stopped this?
    As I had the 1st one installed, when the above happened

Gaz

Bulldozer, if you still have it, please post it here. I think I have it somewhere, but I need to find it.
    Also the patch doesn't stop leaning. It checks if a player is using STWH by checking if the weapon muzzle is in the wall. If it is, then damage is set to 0.

I have ran anticlipping script bulldozer posted in the past. It is a little buggy. Especially if you like to lean when running through doors and stuff.