Thread: [VIDEO] - bug soup

Cool [VIDEO] - bug soup

I made this video long time ago. It contains some delicious problems.

Last edited by bulldozer; July 14th, 2013 at 02:29 AM. Reason: video embed didn't work

Hello. One problem with VIS data is that it is hard to get it to work as accurate as you want in mohaa. Once you start removing some VIS data, you also lose performance. You can still add some, but there is a limit. VIS is tricky.

hi krypt, Welcome to board man.
    This version of the antiwh is different than the one we worked on initially. In the patch we don't modify vis data at all. You're input is correct, but what we do is we use traces to detect if a play is in view. If they are we render them, if not, we don't. This video is a bit old and the antiwh has been improvised since then. It may still be a bit glitcy, but overall it works well and does what it's supposed to. Also from what we heard from other users the Windows version is pretty much running flawlessly which is just awesome. We're working on releasing the first "official" alpha release, that will start using features that will force clients to update as well as have auto version updates for the server so that it will stay up to date with the latest stable version. There will be other features included as well, that are currently not implemented.

i know that the latest version of the antiWH is better in technical ways but i have heard that the older antiWH did not have the buggy side to it where players would appear and disappear. as with when the patch was run on the bad public server, we had so many complaints from within the clan about "players just appearing" that we just had to turn off the antiWH.
    sorry about being harsh. i think the work that has been done so far is amazing.

will there be a update to the antWH in the future and is really true about the old version of the antiWH going to be available as a toggable in the next update? thx
    Last edited by blaz!ng; August 15th, 2010 at 09:19 PM.

Yes I believe it will be toggable. 1 version is less glitchy, but causes lagging issues when there are more than 9 players on the server. The other method is less laggy, handles more people, but it may have that blindspot glitch.

vicious circle :S

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

We decided to allow admins to choose between 2 methods of AntiWH. This won't be an end of antiWH development. We just decided that we want to release full working patch for users so they won't loose interest in it, and then release improvements etc. in future updates that will only make the base of the patch better