Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antiwh fine tuning

Default Antiwh fine tuning

Two suggestions about antiwh:

I would like to have the ability that if antiwh is turned on that it can be auto disabled for players with high ping, by a definable cvar.

And the second suggestion is to turn on antiwh only for a certain player by clientID, that would come in very handy, Razo thats possible ?

That would be brilliant!
    [IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh77/TDogg1100/pee1.gif[/IMG]

wouldnt you be getting controverse then ???
    regarding to clanbase for example ... you can turn on antiwh for lets say ... every1 apart from yourself and cheat the crap out of them..
    just my opinion.

Thanks for feedback. Those features are more meant to be used on public servers, clanbase anyway not using the patch apart from they are (almost) dead, but it should be like that everyone in server can check via patchver cmd in which state the server currently is, leagues would have to decide then what states are allowed etc.

On big servers which are busy antiwh for all might add significant lagg so there it might be better to have ability to turn on antiwh for a certain player (or maybe on kill ratio ? ).

But we need to fix the blinking and improve antiwh and fix the current holes so lets try out some ideas. If that can be done it will fix at once a whole bunch of mohaa issues and cheat types.
    Gamers Network - www.scapp.net

oh i see, it sounds like a nice extra feature in that case then

Keep in mind the sv pure functionality on the clientside. That should also prevent antiwh.

Actually I think having ability to turn on antiwh automatically for players with high kill ratio would be brill. I want that

turning on for only cheaters would be more brilliant )

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Sorry to comment on an old thread but

The idea to be able to turn the antiwh on for a specific player or players would be awesome , it would save alot of admins time , instead of sitting in spec watching a suspected hacker , just turn the antiwh on for that player and all would be good , if there gaming style changes suddenly and rapidly , you know something is up and you can either keep specing or kick them.

I ( like im sure many others) have tried to fine tune the antiwh to suit my server , its just unfortunate that the playerbase of my server , would rather deal with the lone hacker at times , then to play with the full antiwh turned on , they rely too much on the quick rendering of players for glitching corners etc.

As much as i think its needed , i have had it turned off on my server for awhile, it wasnt until tonight that i turned it back on , because i called into the server to spec a suspected waller , that the idea of the player specific antiwh sounded good , so out game the search button which lead me to this thread , so i thought i would voice my opinion.

So, is it possible to turn the antiwh feature on to a selection of players via clientnumber or similar ?
    Cause it would be a great help in the meantime before the clientside patch is finalised

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

I think I'll let RR voice his response on this one. I agree with what you're saying, and I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to do, but I think if you start adding more filters and variables, it just computes more and uses more resources. I think it's easier for the server to just do it for all or none as opposed to do it only for clients 1, 7, 10, 13 and 16 (as an example). Because then it would require computing each individual player each frame as opposed to everyone simultaneously.. Maybe my theory is wrong, so I'll let RR shed some light on it. He knows the engine better than I so we shall see.