View Poll Results: Which mobile operating system do you use ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • iOS (Apple's IPhone, IPad)

2 14.29%
  • Windows Mobile 6.5

0 0%
  • Windows Mobile 7

1 7.14%
  • Symbian (Nokia)

2 14.29%
  • bada

0 0%
  • Android 2.1 / 2.2 / 2.3 (Google etc. phones)

6 42.86%
  • None of above, other mobile operating system

4 28.57%
  • Phone ? Why you bother me with that crap ?

2 14.29%
  • I use jungle drums to communicate ! Doh !

1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which mobile operating system do you use ?

Default Which mobile operating system do you use ?

I was recently thinking about an alternative for ingame control (as of overlays, menus) and came across the idea for doing admin tasks with the help of a mobile so I am curious about what phones people are using.
    Multiple choice is enabled if you own more then one, post also your phone's name if you like and feel free to comment.

For years been on SE phones but this year got my first Android phone HTC Desire HD - great phone but poor battery life ))))

Yeh would be cool to have some control via phone, I have started using Montastic for now to alert when servers Dedicated servers are down, but would be cool if Scapp could alert to mobile when main or game server is down

Happy shooting

Cheers
    Heatsinkbod

(Jon)

KILL em ALL and then KILL em ALL again!!

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

You should consider also older phones based on Java-made OS'es.

Anyway, Imho best option would be Java 'coz it would work on all of those, unless you want to port your app to many different langs like Objective C.

just a word about autocongr... oops sorry ...

i bet most of us here dont like iphone as its not as open as android but i bet iphone will be popular outside of this forum

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macadoum View Post
    just a word about autocongr... oops sorry ...
    Man, whats wrong with you? We can always talk in private if you have any issues.

hihi I guess macadoum has made a joke

Yes the many operating systems on mobiles can drive someone crazy, I think at the moment doing it in plain html would be the easiest and best way to achieve. Java would also be nice, but I think it would not run on iOS (I may be wrong though). .NET would sure be also nice since my base code is .NET and would run without much changes on windows mobile 7.0, problem is the Mono converters for iPhone and Androids are not free (399 + 99 $), so if I have no plans for other apps I would probably be better off doing plain Html.

Yes Jon, the watchdog will have (soon) alert + notification service (sms + email + wake up on lan/wan). Checking webpages / Urls if they are up is a very nice idea too and something that watchdog could do nicely, good idea.

Have myself a Android 2.2 device, a samsung galaxy 3 i5800. Since I only would target gamers with this service, and it would come out that gamers don't use iPhones it would make decision finding allready easier :P

I would suggest all developers to try Nokia N900 a linux based maemo cellphone. Really open for developers to come up with any sort of application.

I love my Nexus S. That phone is AWESOME!!!! It's sooo fast, I almost benchmark the same as my Friends Motorola Atrix, which is newer and has a dual core CPU lol. He scores 2600 using quadrant and I score 2500

Blackberry ofc. ! How come it is not listed lol? 1 of the most used smartphones ^^