Thread: Server Crashing

Default Server Crashing

Hello,

Two of our servers that have players playing almost all day seem to crash every 3 days or so, I noticed by looking at the logfile dates. Only problem is i cant look at the logfile to see why it crashes cause the servers reboot on there own. I have not changed anything on our scripts, It only seems to happen on our populated servers cause the ones that our members jump in at night seem to be ok.

Thanks...

I don't think we can do anything without the logs..

Hello,

Is sv_updatedelay set to seconds, minutes or hours and how can you turn this option off.
    The reason i ask is the update_reborn.txt the one which is located in my MOHAA folder shows it gets updated every 10 minutes or so and my qconsole the same, would this cause any lag on the servers which i have 4 running.
    I have set this option to 336 which in the documents shows its set to hours but it might be minutes?

No it should be hours. Don't think you can turn it off, except by using a big number like 16000 or something.

I've been testing one of our servers with sv_updatedelay 65000 and what I notice is that every time the map changes the update_reborn.txt updates on its own, is that normal???
    Now for the qconsole updating i checked today and some servers look like they updated cause they have todays date so either the servers crashed or it updates like the update_reborn.txt. or there just crashing and i'm not catching it.

And not to confuse anyone but when i mean updating i mean it changes the date and time on the update_reborn.txt and qconsole.

Quote Originally Posted by STAY2THELEFT View Post
    I've been testing one of our servers with sv_updatedelay 65000 and what I notice is that every time the map changes the update_reborn.txt updates on its own, is that normal???
    Now for the qconsole updating i checked today and some servers look like they updated cause they have todays date so either the servers crashed or it updates like the update_reborn.txt. or there just crashing and i'm not catching it.

And not to confuse anyone but when i mean updating i mean it changes the date and time on the update_reborn.txt and qconsole.
    Same thing I noticed. I had to turn off reborn due to the updates and crashes that ensued due to the updates.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Hmm this can be a bug in update system.

I will shut it down for RC2 because we'll prepare better update system.

Same here....the date changes on every map change...should be normal I think...but it doesn't update....and no crashes...

Think no one else has these crashes....and both of you set the sv_updatedelay very high....I set it to 72 and no probs here.....maybe setting it too high causes trouble...