View Poll Results: What would be the most important feature in the upcoming clientside patch for you ?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Autodownload feature

45 68.18%
  • Clientside Anticheat Functionality

53 80.30%
  • sv_pure feature

28 42.42%
  • Server Radio - listening to music ingame

7 10.61%
  • Recording - record and playback demos

16 24.24%
  • Better admin capabilities

34 51.52%
  • Better modding / scripting capabilities

22 33.33%
  • Mohaa TV

5 7.58%
  • mohaa is dead - I don't care at all

0 0%
  • A feature that is not listed here

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.12 Clientside Features

Default Patch 1.12 Clientside Features

The first beta version of the upcoming client side Patch 1.12 is in the developing pipe.

Vote in this poll for the feature(s) that are most important for you and leave your comment(s).

Multiple choice is enabled.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

This poll will help us, developers, to get some overview and will tell us on what we should focus more. So please vote

I didn't vote for the last three and the radio (I just open foobar2000 with my playlist and start mohaa to have tunes playing in game).

Though if it isn't too much work (don't think it is actually), then I'd say "Aye" for the radio function. I imagine it would work like in GTA games?
    Placing your songs in a special directory, ability to skip tracks etc.. ? I don't like ALT+TAB'ing back to desktop to skip songs in foobar though...
    Last edited by Sor; January 22nd, 2011 at 05:13 AM.

Nah, it's internet radio. It's already added actually

You can stream into ClanBase radio, xNULL radio and server specified radio (radio url passed in CVar) so admins can choose their favourite radio or even stream themselves one.

This can build music specified communities around servers. Imagine server streaming hip-hop, players that like hip-hop will more often visit this server, etc.

I guess this is a new way to attract people to servers. People will visit them not only to play, but also to listen to some good music they like.

Ofc, admins doesn't have to offer radio on their server.

I hope there is also a way to turn the radio off on some servers ? I'm not into the idea of listening to electro, nu metal etc...while playing..

To my mind, ability to enable the radio only in spectator would be ok. And all of the fixes (against console errors, map bugs, ubersound problems...etc) should come with the patch updater, not with the autodownlad system. I'd also give some priority to scripting capabilites / functions among others I mentioned in another topic. Built-in demo recorder would be very useful with further improvements as well.

Radio is on clients end. Player decides if he want to listen to it, or not, or whatever, you can set volume which is independent from game engine, which means that you can have radio at volume 20% while playing game with sfx volume at 100%

I'll probably record a video of it ;p

Aha, excellent

I agree with Sor above as far as features are concerned, however if I were to pick the ones I thought were absolutely the most necessary I would choose

auto download
    clientside AC stuff
    sv_pure
    *recording (depending on how this is used, I think it'll be hard to spoof a clean recording of a suspicious player in game if admin thinks he's cheating. We just need to make sure that however the video will be sent to the admin won't consume too much bandwidth and it's not too resource intensive (reasonably small in size)).

I think they mean with "recording", recording film clientside in avi, mpg or something where show something off.
    Wombat already made a edited mohaa.exe file, enabling it, as I recall the functions are wrongly called.

If not, then I don't find it important, the admin can just follow the client in spectator. Same thing.

Though perhaps an admin spectator function?
    I always found it annoying to be forced to watch another player when the one I was viewing gets killed.
    The admin spectator mode would "lock on" to a player and get switched to him again when he respawns.