View Poll Results: What would be the most important feature in the upcoming clientside patch for you ?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Autodownload feature

45 68.18%
  • Clientside Anticheat Functionality

53 80.30%
  • sv_pure feature

28 42.42%
  • Server Radio - listening to music ingame

7 10.61%
  • Recording - record and playback demos

16 24.24%
  • Better admin capabilities

34 51.52%
  • Better modding / scripting capabilities

22 33.33%
  • Mohaa TV

5 7.58%
  • mohaa is dead - I don't care at all

0 0%
  • A feature that is not listed here

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.12 Clientside Features

Could you explain the function of mohaa tv?

Quote Originally Posted by TK4|2|1 View Post
    Could you explain the function of mohaa tv?
    Mohaa TV: It would simply allow watching a match or watching the game on a server from the perspective of a player or spectator from a location outside the game server. This could be in the web-browser, an own client or the mohaa-client.

For example: A league match, lets say the final of a season, is scheduled for sunday 8 p.m. and people can follow it in their web browser (maybe with comment).

Something like HLTV ?

Quote Originally Posted by macadoum View Post
    Something like HLTV ?
    yes like hltv, cod tv or source tv

League / Affiliates Representant <Shifty's Avatar

My vote:
    1: Auto-download feature
    2: Better modding and scripting capabilities
    3: Clientside AC
    As finishing touch god created the Dutch

If you'd ask me what is the most important feature I'd include in the client, I'd say a unique client identification method.
    I hope this is what you mean by "Better admin capabilities". Could be biometric ;-)
    Autodownload and anticheat are nice too.

Everything that prevents people from cheating, all that other stuff isn't worth anything when people still cheat this game to death

Well, according to some statistics that were generated from Joto, currently this patch is the most common source of protection used in MOHAA. I'm just curious how it compares against other AC's such as Foresight & DMW. The way things are going though, considering this is a free download & everything is currently serverside, I think it is the best option for any server admin.

With the client side being in the process of being created, this will open up doors to the game that has never been done before. I can't wait!

Well, it is true that the patch offers protection, but I have to agree with Kemsit here.

The patch at current date does offer little when it comes to anticheat, basically every one who is eager to cheat will be able to do, thats a fact atm, we would be bad adviced if we pretend to people something that isn't, it can hardly called anticheat system atm: it has no protection vs aimbots, vs soundhacks and the antiwallhack has a "hole" if it is used at all on servers, same for anti bypass stufftext and norecoil are mostly not being used on servers.

Thing is developing clientside anticheat would require much time (and knowledge).
    Some time ago I came across a product which might be a solution so the dev team can care about the other stuffies: Shoxguard.
    They offer a free trial according to their site. Its a polish company, my polish isn't that good to do a contact but well I know some kurwas
    http://devsg.blog.pl/

(I'm curious if okidoki knows this product and what he says about it.)
    Gamers Network - www.scapp.net

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I know this product.

They are focused on MMO's AFAIK. Their system is used in new polish indie MMO game called Ether Fields (you should check it out on YT, it's amazing! and is in development stage)

Anyway, they use driver to protect software. And it isn't hard to pass the protection (at least for me lol) even if it's driver.