Thread: gliching and monkeys on the back

League / Affiliates Representant

Default gliching and monkeys on the back

hi all at x-null firstly i wanna say how good it is to finnally have someone taking the time to buuild this anti cheat for mohaa i really believe this is the way forward and will bring a lot of life back into mohaa when most the problems are ironed out good work to all who have worked on it and still are working on it and thanks for taking the time to come up with something like this,although there are issues im sure you will get these fixed sooner or later as you are obviously determined to get it right big thumbs up to you all involved ,

we run a league called EgL it is about kick off its second season and we have opted to have this patch installed on all league servers rather than use dmw as tbh dmw is not in a good way from my own personal opinion maybe if they were to put the time into the anti cheat as you all have here at x-null then maybe it wud be some use but for the moment it is dying ,main issues we found

people getting kicked for stufftext cheat detection ,

monkeys on the back of people in freezetag not all the time but sometimes,

when glitching in certain places i.e stali south stairs looking to east if someone is in east you dont see them until you are literally in the middle of the doorway

there have been reports from some of sound problems this i havent encountered personaly but some have told me this has happened

although there is the above issues we found we are going to be testing this patch for season 2 as we feel it is better than dmw and we want to support this patch as much as we can most clans know about this in our league and are willing to give it a try will report back to let you know how we get on when the season kicks off and first matches have been played

Hope the above issues get sorted soon i know it must take up a lot of your time and we appreciate that as im sure everyone else who knows about this patch does as well ,its good to know there is someone out there who is coming up with something to give people incentive to start playing mohaa again and im sure it will do just that

thanks again all involced in making this happen will post back soon and update you on how its going

Cheers

Delboy
    Last edited by Delboy; January 19th, 2011 at 06:43 AM.

Well I'm not in the team developing team but of course I agree with u about the great work been done with the patch.

Concerning ur issues :-

1) Turn stufftext detection off as it still have some fake positives in this alpha release. ( set sv_stufftextdetection "0" )

2) concerning the FT issue yes it does exist and the team already informed about it and they r trying to get it sorted

3) lag and glitching issues is caused by antiwh feature u should set it off. ( set sv_antiwh "0" )

4) I'm not sure about sound issue as I never had it while running patch on my server about 2 months till now but u can try this. ( set sv_sounddistance "5000" )

5) Also expected future issue that some players would have some high recoil as there r some fake positives as well so just turn it off if u don't want to take the risk. ( set sv_recoilemulation "0" )

so all compiled in (add to ur server.cfg)

Code:
    // Server Config
    set sv_pure "0"
    set sv_cheats "0" 
    set sv_kickbadcmd "1"
    sv_info "MoH:AA 1.12 Reborn Patch"
    set sv_banning "1"
    set sv_filterchat "1"
    set sv_disablechat "0"
    g_badchatlimit "3"
    set sv_sounddistance "5000"
    set sv_antiwh "0"
    set sv_antistwh "1"
    set sv_recoilemulation "0"
    set sv_stufftextdetection "0"
    set sv_kickping "max allowed ping here"

Hi, and thx for your kind words. The dev team is currently working on an update and on the client side of the patch which will bring new features. Razo' as the main developer is currently very busy but we are expecting new stuff in the next few months (weeks).
    Meanwhile you might to consider taking of the one or other feature, can be done with cvars in your server.cfg (have a look into the pdf documentation, the commands are listed there)
    question, is there a link to your league site which you like to share ?

Sound problems ocurr when antiwh is on! Yo can hear the footspets but, if you haavnt seen the player yo cannot distinguish form where they come..

thanks for the advice e.t.c will try a few of those things the one trouble with turning the wh off is ,we at EgL www.elitegamingleague.co.uk (there u go joto m8) have decided to stop using dmw as it is not very affective and we are putting our trust in the mohaa reborn patch ,now if we turn the wh off then there is no point in using the patch i know it has a lot miore benefits but turning the wh off will give us the same old probs of is he or isnt he lol i think we are going to go ahead with trying it out for our second season inour league as i personally still think its better than dmw even with the few issues that the patch has at the moment ,league 2 will be kicking off next weekend so will update u soon on how it goes

thanks again

Delboy
    Last edited by JoTo; January 23rd, 2011 at 03:27 AM. Reason: fixed link

Thanks, as of own experience I know that the anti wh is working well and I think the issues (glitching around corners) is something one just can get used to, well Im old schooler so clipping is not my thing maybe thats why. Well the thing with the anti-wh feature is it will never be 100% perfect (regarding glitchyness) and will cause more load on the server than without, thats the prize users have to pay.
    If you like post info + news about your league here: X-Null Leagues info + news

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Also, the better connection your server has, the better patch and anti wh is working.

Check documentation because there are 3 modes of antiWH. So you can select between:

sv_antiwh 1
    sv_antiwh 2
    sv_antiwh 3

choose the one that is the most efficient for you. I'd personally go with 1 or 3.

ok thanks a lot for your info will hope our clans will feel ok about it it s better than dmw thats the main thing thanks again