Thread: Anti-Shark

Default Anti-Shark

I noticed here: http://www.MOHAAAA.co.uk/ that anti-landsharking protection is included with RC1 which is the version I have. Is this a function I need to enable eg. set sv_antistwh "1" ? If so what's the switch because I have this problem on the server from time to time.

Thanks.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

No, it's enabled all the time.

You have to make sure that none of your mods is conflicting with reborn.pk3, because it's fixed in state files. If your mods use state files, then reborn.pk3 fixes may get overwritten by them, thus disabling protection.

Or the other way around; reborn pk3 overriding a mod that uses custom states. Depends on the number of Z's.

I have a mike_torso edit that comments out the rechamber action on the KAR98 so it's semi auto like the M1. Could I add those edits to the reborn.pk3 without screwing up the fixes?

Code:
    //state ATTACK_KAR98_RECHAMBER
    //{
    //	movetype legs
    //	
    //	entrycommands
    //	{
    //		viewmodelanim rechamber
    //		safezoom 0
    //	}
    //	
    //	exitcommands
    //	{
    //		safezoom 1
    //	}
    //	
    //	action
    //	{
    //		kar98_crouch_rechamber	: POSITION_TYPE "crouching"
    //		kar98_stand_rechamber	: default
    //	}
    //	
    //	states
    //	{
    //		STAND						: KILLED
    //		PAIN						: PAIN
    //	
    //		STAND						: ANIMDONE_TORSO 
    //	}
    //}
    //

Also this thing from Elgan (attached) ...conflicts?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by g0atz; January 17th, 2011 at 04:33 AM.

You'll have to merge the edits of your custom states with the states in the reborn patch (since those contain all state fixes). KAR98 thing won't be a problem.
    Same goes for Elgans anti-spawnkill mod; all exec commands seems to be the only (relevant) edits he did. Don't know why the plane stuff is also in there..

I don't think I would have a problem with the KAR98 edits but I wouldn't know where to begin with the Elgan file. Could you recommend one that that wouldn't conflict?
    And since I have your ear for a moment I was wondering if you could tell me why the Elgan file only protects spawns on default maps and not SP conversions.?

But most importantly I want to thank you Sor for your work on the Airborne mods. I have some of your drops on BUM and the full mod running on LONDON AIRBORNE.
    Your work has and still is giving many people a lot of enjoyment. So for myself and all the players.... thank you!
    Last edited by g0atz; January 17th, 2011 at 09:48 AM.

Banned

prob just had thos state files at the time, wasnt going to cause any conflicts having extra info.

Thanks, glad to hear that, though I wasn't particularly pleased with the airborne mod myself. It'll be continued

On Topic: well that's the thing with state files there can be only one torso statefile and only one legstate file. So multiple of these will always conflict.. last one to be loaded wins..
    unless you use the CVAR 'g_statefile' (default: global/mike) to switch between them (preferably before prespawn). If you do so, they must be renamed and the legs as well as the torso file must be available.
    Switching won't 'merge' them though.

Search "exec" in Elg's statefile and copy over all the working exec lines from there to the reborn states (in same place of course). That should do the trick I think.
    Last edited by Sor; January 17th, 2011 at 11:28 AM.

Ok. Thank you for the help