Thread: Disappears

Default Disappears

Hello fellas and after greetings
    I have a strange problem on my SH server and I want to solve it ASAP, especially in Stalingrad map...
    The player disappears in front of me while moving from a far positions for a second or more
    so I can't see him in order to kill him.
    What is the solution?

That sounds like a graphics rendering issue, or somehow your LOD distance is way too low.

If you're on the same team as the other player, can you still see the avatar above their heads when they disappear, or do they become entirely invisible?

If it has something to do with LOD try r_uselod 0 and see if it works. You mentioned Stalingrad, does it only happen in that specific map or others?
    MoH Reborn | MoH:AA Guide | Mapping tutorials | zzzzzMy_Maps.pk3 | YouTUBE

+set thereisnomonkey 1

Quote Originally Posted by Searingwolfe View Post
    That sounds like a graphics rendering issue, or somehow your LOD distance is way too low.

If you're on the same team as the other player, can you still see the avatar above their heads when they disappear, or do they become entirely invisible?
    entirely invisible for a second

Quote Originally Posted by Konig View Post
    If it has something to do with LOD try r_uselod 0 and see if it works. You mentioned Stalingrad, does it only happen in that specific map or others?
    99% in stalingrad

and this command "set r_uselod 0" in server.cfg or in the map scr ?

Just bring down the console while playing and type it or add it to the unnamedsoldier.cfg
    Last edited by Konig; December 23rd, 2023 at 04:00 PM.
    MoH Reborn | MoH:AA Guide | Mapping tutorials | zzzzzMy_Maps.pk3 | YouTUBE

+set thereisnomonkey 1

Quote Originally Posted by Konig View Post
    Just bring down the console while playing and type it or add it to the unnamedsoldier.cfg
    what about server side?

what about server side guys ?

It may be caused by LOD optimization or network latency, unless it happens only on Stalingrad, then you royally messed up something.

Apart from cvars others mentioned:

Code:
    seta r_lodbias "-2" // I don't remember if maximum value is 0, or negative 2 in mohaa, try it and see.
    seta r_lodcap "1.0"
    seta r_lodscale "1.1"
    seta r_lodviewmodelcap "1.0"
    Worth mentioning that there are spots in Stalingrad where players always were disappearing and will disappear, especially in leftmost two story building and boiler tunnel, unless there is some kind of fixed mohdm6 shipped with openmohaa in future. More experienced players that figured it out just pre-shoot these spots.
    Last edited by VW:Z; February 8th, 2024 at 03:14 AM.