Thread: level waittill spawn

Default level waittill spawn

I need to do something in SH after (level waittill spawn) - but before players spawn.

Is there a way to prevent players from spawning for a moment - until the scripted operation is completed?

I don't think there is a way to prevent players from spawning, unless you move them to spectator.
    You could freeze them right after they spawn, idk if that would work for you.
    But what's the thing you need to do before players spawn anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
    I don't think there is a way to prevent players from spawning, unless you move them to spectator.
    You could freeze them right after they spawn, idk if that would work for you.
    But what's the thing you need to do before players spawn anyways?
    I need to stufftext german player models. "Model" var works great for allies after spawn but if I use "model" for axis they get Allie team icons.

The other option is to remove all team icons... extreme level of realism but exceptable if possible.
    Last edited by ViPER; April 15th, 2023 at 06:07 PM.

I will try this -
    Code:
    self join_team spectator
    wait .1
    stufftext ("dm_playergermanmodel german_wehrmacht_soldier")
    wait .1
    self join_team axis
    //now swap weapons
    what would be good placement (for wait) and length of wait duration for the stufftext?

You basically want a Realism TDM mod that doesn't show anyone's avatars and has no crosshair indicators (or no crosshair at all).
    Removing people's crosshairs is easy, just do $player[local.i] stufftext "ui_crosshair 0" repeatedly in a $player.size for-loop.

Removing the avatars I believe is impossible server-side for any game modes that aren't FFA.
    In Pak0.pk3 --> scripts --> hud.shader, there's textures/hud/allies_headicon and axis_headicon that I tried commenting out, no luck. I also tried blanking out the textures/hud/allies.tga image, but no luck.

Turns out in cgamex86.dll, there's another script that loads in the head icons (somehow with the correct images too).
    The only way to get rid of them might be to run an FFA match, then somehow stop players on the same team from killing each other only when their models are on the same team (should fix the crosshair issue too).