Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting though windows ??

Default Shooting though windows ??

I'm not sure if this problem is caused by the patch or something else but on my server players can't shoot though windows or gares wires or whatever that should work normally but it's not so i tried to set anti stwh off but that didn't fix the issue any ideas ???

The anti STWH and the other shooting protection (I believe) are 2 diffferent levels of protection. 1 is strictly for anti STWH the other protects against shooting through things like black windows, furniture, light bulbs, etc etc.

the patch dont stop you shooting through clear windows but if its a black window then it will stop bullets. to stop hackers exploiting them

Last edited by blaz!ng; December 29th, 2010 at 06:59 PM.

anyway to disable this ? for me anti stwh and the OTHER level u talked about james I believe that they r useless ( I'm 100% agree that u guys made a great job with this patch but the main problem anyone could face is wh as stwh hackers r so easy to be caught but wh r totally the opposite) so now i want to disable this one and cienamic ability where players can turn it on to hear footsteps of every single moving thing around them in the map sometimes not around them at all as well.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

STWH - Shoot Through Walls Hack

can be disabled with: sv_antistwh 0

STFH - Shoot Through Furniture/Black Windows/Light Bulbs

Can't be disabled. It's not a feature. It's a fix, so it's a must.

Your problem isn't caused by patch.

Your pak2.pk3 is corrupted. Replace it with original one and everything should work.

for example this one is it considered as a black window ?
    and I believe that my pk2 file isn't corrupted as i never even moved it since i started my server.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

no it's not a black window.

replace your pak2.pk3 or any mods you are running and check again.

Someone here posted about this, and someone posted this at TMT, and it's totally unrelated to the patch.

I'll try to figure it out I hope so but is there specific thing that might cause this issue I know that this question isn't related anymore to the patch but if anyone knows would be appreciated, thanks anyway guys

Ok then thanks i'll try that tho.