Thread: Modify single player map in Breakthrough

Default Modify single player map in Breakthrough

Hello everyone,
    I would like to have some help if the request on this page has already been made please close the thread.

I would like to change some unit in Breakthrough single player maps, in the same way as it was did in the mod Axis player.

My question is the operation of changing unit is possible with mohaa radiant only replacing the .tik files in the single player maps?

Thx a lot

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Can you explain a bit more?
    MoH Reborn | MoH:AA Guide | Mapping tutorials | zzzzzMy_Maps.pk3 | YouTUBE

+set thereisnomonkey 1

Quote Originally Posted by Konig View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand your question. Can you explain a bit more?
    Sorry, my english is terrible, unfortunatelly it is not my mother tongue.

I try to explain my problem.

I'm trying to create a mod to replace the italian soldier skin in the single player game that did not reflect the original units that fought during the WW2 (I'm italian too ).

I initially started to modify the individual soldier model, modifying the .tik file choosing an appropriate skelmodel and surface.

I immediately ran into a problem with this process: The Italian units in the maps are only 3 (inf, inf 2 and vol) and unfortunately these are repeated in various maps of the game.

The end result is therefore that I find Italian units with desert uniforms in the missions in Italy .

Maybe the only way is to edit the maps .bsp file with radiant by choosing which units are in that specific level, for example I would like to replace all the Italian units present in the Bizerte mission with the Sc_AX_Ital_Inf2.tik only.

Is it possible?

Many thanks for your help

Ohh I got it. It's possible, but it would take A LOT of time, since the best decompiler at the moment can't keep texture alignment, so you have to fit all of them again, and that would take you a lot of time. I think it can be done via script, you should ask a coder for that, I can't help you.

+set thereisnomonkey 1

Quote Originally Posted by Konig View Post
    Ohh I got it. It's possible, but it would take A LOT of time, since the best decompiler at the moment can't keep texture alignment, so you have to fit all of them again, and that would take you a lot of time. I think it can be done via script, you should ask a coder for that, I can't help you.
    Hi Konig, ok I try to open a new thread in the scripting forum, if I did not receive any reply may I come back to you?

Sure dude, no problem

+set thereisnomonkey 1