Thread: Setting up my own server for my father and I

Default Setting up my own server for my father and I

Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm very happy people have put so much great work into keeping MOHAA active. Thank you all!

I downloaded the game out of nostalgia for my father and I. Singeplayer mode and joining multiplayer servers are no problem.
    I've downloaded the patches, fixes, opened up the necessary ports on my router, read forums, watched videos (newgeneration of example), tried different approaches but just can't get my own multiplayer game running. I would like to play on my own private server with my father like old times (only difference being those times we used a LAN cable). Can anyone help me with this?

From the downloaded files, only the 'Launch Medal of Honor Allied Assault War Chest', linking to the 'MOHAA.exe' file is running. The other ones, Breakthrough and Spearhead don't.
    As I said, when I'm in the MOHAA game, I can join other servers without problem.

With kind regards,

noctis_felis

Or if anyone can link me to an existing tutorial (description), which I apparently fail to find...
    Don't know where I'm going wrong here

I believe you might be looking for the xnull server files for MOHAA. If so, they're found at the link below. Modify any lines in server.cfg as needed, and run the shortcut to MOHAA_server.exe. You should see your own server in LAN, and if all goes well, in the list of servers too (12203 port).
    EDIT: you may need to Right-click --> Save Link As to download the .zip file.

https://www.x-null.net/forums/forums...th-3-5-1-Patch