Thread: import BT player models to AA

Default import BT player models to AA

im looking to import the BT player skins to AA as a custom skin pack. It globally works except for Italians skelmodels and some Allied hats/helmets.
    Do you know a reason why, despite everything is in place, the game keeps telling any Italian player model "has no skelmodel" ? If i set another skelmodel for the Italians, even another BT one, that works. So i guess it's a .skd problem?

The base game does not read many of the animations from Breakthrough and Spearhead despite having the same format (.skc)

If you are using LightRay 3D you have to import the SH/BT models and animations with the settings indicating that its a "Spearhead model" and then export it as a regular model/animation for the base game.

As a last resort you can export only the SH/BT model without animations and then re-assign the vertexes to the respective bones of the allied pilot skeleton.

Well i just copy/pasted models,shaders and textures from maintt to main without using LightRay 3D, and it works for the most part. I shall try with the allied pilot skeleton but will try to convert italian models to AA with LightRay 3D first! Thanks a lot for your advices!!

i solved many problems using LightRay 3D, thanks again Soares! I still have several problems though, mainly being unable to texture a few models, for instance, the russian seaman hat. Are they some known problems using BT textures in AA?

not a problem with BT textures as i was able to show the seaman hat texture up on another helmet model. The hat model shows up but is unable to be covered with its proper texture.

Are you sure the name of the surface of the helmet is the same in the tik and the skd?
    Or maybe the texture is showing only on the inner faces of the model. You can check if that is the problem using "cull none" on the shader

Thank you Zappa!
    Yes i read your older posts and tried the cull none tip with no effects.
    In Lightray i noticed a skin called "hat1" in the Scene List box, in the tik, the surface is called "hat" but couldn't imagine such an error could happen and thought "skin" was not meaning "surface".
    So to test your recommandation i called the surface "hat1" in the tik and everything is fine now!!!