Thread: Non-mirrored hat models (& headgear in general)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Non-mirrored hat models (& headgear in general)

Hello, I don't know if this forum allows requests, sorry in advance if it doesn't. There are many headgear models in game, but, except for US helmet, they ALL have mirrored models, as in: the texture is made only for one half of hat (helmet, cap, etc) that is then mirrored to cover both sides of model. That was tolerable for vanilla skins which had symmetrical decals or none at all, but for any other decals or camo patterns this gives awful results.

So to get straight to point, does anyone know if someone before made fixes or models for these things that wouldn't be mirrored? Either with separate textures for two sides, or texture applied "from top" like in US helmet model?
    I got filled with some hope since I managed to find a model of german helmet that modder "cubus" did, they did it by "doubling" the texture, as in, in texture file there are two helmet images and each is applied to different side (attachment).
    Now if only this was done for other headgear models; I mainly need officer hats (officer_hat.skd & ssncocap.skd) and field hat (hat.skd); but camo helmet (coveredhelmet.skd) and general hat (tankofficerhat.skd) would also be blessing to have.

I will be extremely indebted if anyone would have anything of that, before I sentence myself to those excruciating thousands of hours learning the Lightray3D lol
    Attached Images Attached Images