Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compiling a map using three GPUs. More VRAM is worse.

I experienced something kinda similar before
    When I also thought the maps weren't compiling, but it was something with MBuilder

I have two installs of the game, "A" and "B"
    In MBuilder I have set the "Game directory" path to the A install

But if I run the mohaa.exe from the B install, the next time I run MBuilder it will automatically change the game directory path to the B install, without any warning
    And if I complile a map, it will copy the bsp to the wrong install

So after learning that, I always check the MBuilder paths before compiling, LOL

That's true. Same happened to me many time. I have a playing copy of the game and a mapping copy. Everytime I play the next time I try to compile a map I have to change the game path.

1337Smithy:
    No mate, I've disabled the Window permissions from popping up all of the time. Windows 10 wouldn't even let me write or save a lousy text file beforehand.
    Unrelated to this topic, I changed the church textures of that map I sent you and now half of the church's brush faces have disappeared making it see-thru.

electrickrypt:
    Strange indeed. It has bothered me since 2020 after building these PCs.

Zappa:
    Yeah mate, this time around I only have MOHAA and Radiant installed once on each PC but I understand the troubles you speak of when I had multiple installations on a previous PC, that was a nightmare. lol
    Currently, the MBuilder paths remains the same yet even with all reference of the map name deleted it still compiles to the previous successful BSP date & time. Unless I rename the map file prior to compile.

Lungenkreb:
    With that scenario in the past, I've had to remove all copies of the map from all installments including main, mainTA & mainTT directories (if placed there for testing).
    Otherwise adding map design changes and new custom textures won't show in game.
    I know of someone in this community who has 8 installations of the game on the same PC. lol I don't know why or how he does it.

Some questions, maybe dumb, but to clarify. Are you trying to compile the same .map file? Are you using the same game instalation? Are you running same windows builds? Did you try to downgrade vga drivers on the newers pcs? Could you share the compile log?

Konig: Yes, I did mean the same map file on three PCs running the same installation of the game using the same windows build although installed months apart on each PC.

I have since been able to format properly. It must have been thanks to a Windows update because I haven't manually changed anything to the game and I haven't installed or uninstalled any software.