Thread: ZZZ query

Question ZZZ query

Guys, something important too, do you remember how the board was, that of how the pk3s are located? What kind of mods has to be lower or higher? With less ZZZ and with more ZZZ, how were the mods located, that is, The most important of the mods if it has to be located first with less ZZZ or be located at the end with more ZZZ, remember? I had once seen a post about this in the forum, and I was an idiot I did not save it in my files and now I do not remember, surely it is also in the tutorial file in the PDF, but I do not remember how to look for it, in the forum I do not use the search engine, it is difficult for me to learn how to use it, it is complicated and I do not know how to look for this class of publications, if someone remembers it would give me an incredible help.

Here is an example of my server at the moment, which of these files would be placed first and which last (adding or removing Z) for correct operation?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sin título.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	2309

User-AI-AdvSec.pk3 (AI Advance Security)
    z_allmods_verruguitens[20-11-2021].pk3 (Foresight 1.6 - 1 Frag Grenade - 1 Smoke Grenade PK3)
    zzzzzz_antishark-BT.pk3 (Anti-Shark Fix PK3)

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

pk3 files are loaded alphabetically ( of sorts ) and if there are conflicting files, the one loaded LAST will override the other.
    So most mods ( which override dmprecache.scr ) want to be loaded last, so they add more ZZZZ to the file name.

You have to be careful when adding more then 1 mod, as some will use/modify the same file, and if that happens, only the one loaded last will be working.

Example

Given the following pk3 files ( mods )
    - firstPk.pk3
    - secondPk.pk3
    - zzzzThird.pk3
    - zzzzzzzForth.pk3

Say if both firstPk.pk3 and zzzzThird.pk3 modified the global/dmprecache.scr to load its mod, since zzzzThird.pk3 is loaded AFTER firstPk.pk3, then only the dmprecache.scr inside of the zzzzThird.pk3 will be loaded, and the other one will be overridden.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

Ahhh now yes, this i want to know, ok many thanks Purple!.