Thread: Disable Taunts Globally

Default Disable Taunts Globally

Hi. I was wondering if there was a way to disable taunts completely, without having to use the ad_distaunt command for each player. I've seen it in servers where if a player tries to taunt, the get a side message that says taunts have been disabled on this server. Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty sure there are simple solutions for tryhards to silence/remove taunts just so they make no sound in game if someone taunts and gives away your location :O, ok if its warserver, to do it on a public one seems foolish. Way to make your server less appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    Pretty sure there are simple solutions for tryhards to silence/remove taunts just so they make no sound in game if someone taunts and gives away your location :O, ok if its warserver, to do it on a public one seems foolish. Way to make your server less appealing.
    *More appealing
    In my opinion. There's always people that abuse taunts and spam non-stop.. which is absolutely pathetic and ruins the game. Easy to get a headache like that, and it can be very toxic.
    Having the option to disable taunts (even if it's just as a warning, to stop spamming them, for a few minutes) is great.

Next to sv_disabletaunt 1, you can also just remove all sounds files haha, or use this: http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/c...pam-anti-taunt

Most people do use and enjoy taunts, more or less frequently, and most, active public servers have taunts enabled, occasional skill-less noob spammer is easy to deal with. I wouldn't go vanilla server without taunts at times when mohaa activity is at it's lowest. But to each his own, just hope people get their priorities right when creating a server, taunts are not major issue unless it's a CW or smth.

If anything I'd actually love to add more taunts from breakthrough to AA, now that would be dope! Just hearing them once more makes me wanna install the game again why block such feature is beyond me. Good luck tho!