Thread: MoH Font Size Question

Default MoH Font Size Question

So recently I got a new laptop and in order to run MoH without having black boxes on the sides of the screen (to make the game take up the full window) I have had to use the resolution 1920 x 1080 within the "Medal of Honor: Community Launcher". Doing this however makes the compass and the text that players send to each other incredibly small. I was wondering if there was a way to keep high game resolution but make the compass and message font at the top a little larger.

You would need to edit the HUD itself.

Open the pak0.pk3, go to the 'UI' folder, locate the .urc files that control the ammo count, timer, health, compass, etc. and edit the font size there.

You can open the .urc files with notepad.

So to test it I tried to edit the .urc for the compass and to change the size I changed the "rect" line as I saw in the sdk that is what determines width/height on the last 2 digits but in game the compass appearance doesn't change no matter how high I set the numbers. Is there somewhere else I need to also edit compass data? Also for the font that appears when players send messages/type to each other, do I have to edit factfont itself to get bigger letters?

Thanks

So I figured out the compass and health bar resolution change but still cant find how to make the font itself on the hud larger (player messages)

You would need to overwrite the "facfont-20" font with a larger custom font for that.
    You can use the fontgen tool for to make a custom font. But you will need to search for a font similar to the facfont one, since the original is nowhere to be found.

On the compass UI file if you remove the Virtualsize he will get bigger because Virtualsize always set the compass to a fixed resolucion.