Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphic issues Win10

Default Graphic issues Win10

Hi everyone,

I just got a new laptop and it's my first time using Windows 10. It runs MOHAA without having to change any of the compatibility settings, but it seems to be conflicting with my graphic card. The problem can be best described as horizontal 'bars' of coloured pixels moving up my screen when I'm playing. It's less prevalent in the menu section, but also there I have coloured pixels acting strange, especially when I click on something.

I've tried different version of MOHAA and different resolutions. My drivers are up to date.

My specs:
    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 2.42 GHz
    Intel Iris Xe

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A49&SUBSYS_0A251028&REV_01
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A49&SUBSYS_0A251028
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A49&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A49&CC_0300

Driver Name: oem146.inf
    Driver Date: 03/10/2021
    Driver Version: 27.20.100.9365
    Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Looks like the driver you're using is just a stock driver. Try and see if you can update it.
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...10-DCH-Drivers

You mentioned that your drivers are up to date, but based on the driver name "oem*", tells me it's running a stock driver. There is a driver pack specifically from Intel for your card. Try installing that driver above.
    If you could take a picture of the issue, that may help. Maybe the monitor is bad? If it's a new laptop, hard to say, but sometimes it comes up faulty from factory.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Looks like the driver you're using is just a stock driver. Try and see if you can update it.
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...10-DCH-Drivers

You mentioned that your drivers are up to date, but based on the driver name "oem*", tells me it's running a stock driver. There is a driver pack specifically from Intel for your card. Try installing that driver above.
    If you could take a picture of the issue, that may help. Maybe the monitor is bad? If it's a new laptop, hard to say, but sometimes it comes up faulty from factory.
    Thanks for the reply.

I'd already tried installing the Intel Driver & Support Assistant multiple times, but for some reason it fails every time. I've installed the driver from your link manually, but it doesn't fix the issue. I've made a video to illustrate the problem better: https://streamable.com/oxcjvz

Notice that the edges of the map are visible.

Edit: The pixel problem seems gone when Mohaa is minimized. I've been trying setting different custom screen/resolution settings, but I can't get it right. The closest I've come is with the Widescreen & Custom Resolution Utility from the Mohaa Revival Edition. It solves the pixel issue in full screen - I previously played with a rectangular window and black bars on the side - but the edges of the map are still visible. Also, it affects my mouse in a strange way; causing it to become difficult to control. The mouse is back to normal when I take out the Widescreen & Custom Resolution Utility again.
    Last edited by Seraphis; June 14th, 2021 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimbips {sfx} View Post
    I've tried setting custom resolutions, but none of it solves the problem. So far only the Widescreen & Custom Resolution Utility from the Mohaa Revival Edition has worked, but it affects my mouse in a bad way. I've also tried other games and did some diagnostic tests, but everything except Mohaa works fine.

Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphis View Post
    I've tried setting custom resolutions, but none of it solves the problem. So far only the Widescreen & Custom Resolution Utility from the Mohaa Revival Edition has worked, but it affects my mouse in a bad way. I've also tried other games and did some diagnostic tests, but everything except Mohaa works fine.

Any other suggestions?
    tried custom resolutions?, you should not try some resolutions :P, u should use the right resolution, use the resolution u see here http://whatismyscreenresolution.net/

I'm not sure if this will help you but worth a shot. In MOHAA, there are a few config files that hold video and setting options. Maybe try playing around with those to get your ideal customization.

https://www.x-null.net/forums/thread...iles-explained

As a test try this.... (Make a backup first)
    delete your unnamedsoldier.cfg file
    delete newconfig.cfg

Also delete default.cfg and autoexec.cfg (if you have these)... these store bindings, so if something is messed up in the bindings, it may impact the game for you.

On a seperate note you said MOHAA Revival you mentioned...
    The closest I've come is with the Widescreen & Custom Resolution Utility from the Mohaa Revival Edition. It solves the pixel issue in full screen - I previously played with a rectangular window and black bars on the side - but the edges of the map are still visible. Also, it affects my mouse in a strange way; causing it to become difficult to control. The mouse is back to normal when I take out the Widescreen & Custom Resolution Utility again.
    After configuring mohaa revival, post your config files (the ones I mentioned above). I think this will be helpful for us to assist you.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

The screen resolution and graphic issue appear to be separate problems after all. The former was ridiculously easy to solve, I have to admit ashamedly. Mind you, I only started using Windows 10 a few days prior to starting this topic. I hadn't noticed that there's a separate screen setting for scaling and mine was set to 125% by default. Naturally, this affects the screen resolution and explains why my game looked distorted in full screen; and probably why my mouse was affected in such a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'm not sure if this will help you but worth a shot. In MOHAA, there are a few config files that hold video and setting options. Maybe try playing around with those to get your ideal customization.

https://www.x-null.net/forums/thread...iles-explained

As a test try this.... (Make a backup first)
    delete your unnamedsoldier.cfg file
    delete newconfig.cfg

Also delete default.cfg and autoexec.cfg (if you have these)... these store bindings, so if something is messed up in the bindings, it may impact the game for you.
    The graphic issue was gone when I used full screen in a distorted 125% setting, but it's still there when I play with a regular 1920x1080 resolution. I've tried different versions of the game and played around with the settings, including your linked unnamedsoldier file (I don't have default.cfg and autoexec.cfg), but it doesn't fix it. The only workable solution I've found so far is changing the in-game settings to 16bit colour depth (the regular one, not the texture one), which magically solves the problem. This however messes up the textures, especially on custom maps, but at least I can play for now.

My replies keep getting automatically flagged for moderation or deleted altogether.