Thread: just to check - some ideas from other Radiants

Default just to check - some ideas from other Radiants

Well...I did some maps on CODRadiant and GTKRadiant at past.
    Probably I know the answer (nothing was changed after many years), but lets go...

a) It is possible like in CODRadiant put decals textures aligned and created dirty, explosion, etc... effects (in past I edit the textures on Photoshop, but decals on editor is an amazing feature).
    screenshot-699.png

b) Prefabs in MohRadiant is terrible, because not is a model/object but a collection of brushes...ok, I know...is a map inside a map, but like in CODRadiant where the prefab is a object (you select the entire entity and not parts of them) is possible change the way of select prefabs for a single object (as we do with models ) ?

c) after 15 years.... I cannot remember how I did the curved roofs (using edge mode) , I got the result using vertices but I remember in past I did it using only vertices
    screenshot-698.png

a) This is how you add decals to a map. Using the "decals" menu. I posted a video here https://www.x-null.net/forums/threads/3811

b) I don't think there is a way to do it just like in CODradiant.
    You can try editing the "classname" of the prefab from "worldspawn" to "script_object". so you can select only one part of it and then press Ctrl+E to select the whole thing.
    But if some parts of the prefab have a different classname or are entities it won't work.

c) For curved roofs you can create a "Simple Patch Mesh" and press E to drag the edges or V to drag the Vertices

Quote Originally Posted by mcunha98 View Post
    b) Prefabs in MohRadiant is terrible, because not is a model/object but a collection of brushes...ok, I know...is a map inside a map, but like in CODRadiant where the prefab is a object (you select the entire entity and not parts of them) is possible change the way of select prefabs for a single object (as we do with models ) ?
    You can turn a bunch of brushes (e.g. a prefab) into a detail object. Rather than right clicking and hitting 'Make Detail', right click and hit 'detail' (further down in the list). This allows you to group them. Once that is done, you can select one of the brushes and then hit CTRL+E to select it entirely (as Zappa mentioned).

Quote Originally Posted by mcunha98 View Post
    c) after 15 years.... I cannot remember how I did the curved roofs (using edge mode) , I got the result using vertices but I remember in past I did it using only vertices
    If you want to do this via brushes (as rooves often are better as brushes), you'll need to do it via tri-soup. This is done by splitting your brushes into individual triangles, so they can be manipulated without deforming or 'locking', which can happen if you modify the vertices of a square brush. So, for your image, you'll have 6 individual triangular brushes that fit together by moving the vertices.

Example:
    trisoup.jpg

Also, if you find that the vertices are slightly off, make sure they are snapped to the grid by using CTRL+G (will snap to the nearest grid, which can depend on the grid setting you have selected).

Edit: A more complete example of what I mean by 'tri-soup': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EbdUZvqZsI - a different editor, but same principle and methods involved.
    Last edited by 1337Smithy; May 30th, 2021 at 10:21 AM.