Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: local.player stufftext

Why don't you upload the mod on here or link to it so that Zappa can assist you. It's tough to assist if we're not really familiar or sure what we're working with.

i upload the command that need to fix only, and thats enought
    and that command not in my mod but i need to add it
    so my mod not important to upload
    and this is the chapter again...
    thankx

Please i need to add this message in cd mod but I don't know how
    in player_radio.scr

I mean my chapter is running in the server as well
    but when a player killed when he have the radio
    the message gives another player was killed :xD
    so i need to fix this problem, and need the message gives the name of the dead player not other player
    thanx.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if(level.ticking == local.player)
    $countdown_radio physics_on
    $countdown_radio.velocity = ( 0 0 150 ) + local.player.forwardvector * 500
    local.player = parm.other
    if(local.player != NIL)
    local.player stufftext "say I've dropped the Radio!"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is it right or i miss something ?

apparently it's not right if it doesn't work. I'm not sure why you're avoiding to post the whole mod. Maybe it's irrelevant, and maybe it's not. The point is if you come here asking for assistance the more information you provide the better it is for us to assist you. There's probably a reason why people aren't responding to your posts... It's because you're too vague and we can't help you. Zappa has already tried assisting you, but as he mentioned he's not familiar with that mod and he's not sure if you're placing it in the correct spot so that's what you have to work with.

Why not try and learn scripting yourself so that you can learn and make you own mods? If you can't figure this out, work with something easier and then grow on that.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

As James said, without the context of the entire mod ( or alteast the entire script file ) it would be very very difficult to diagonose the problem.

From that little snippet of code you provided, we can not determine the following:
    - What is the level.ticking
    - What is parm.other ( usually the object which triggers something, but without the rest of code, no idea what it is )

It looks like local.player is being used, then reset to parm.other ( no idea why ) so that is your problem, we need to know what local.player is before this code snippet, and what parm.other is before this code snippet.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

Ok, I just tested the mod
    This is where you should add the message, inside the player_radio.scr, line 130

if(local.held_for == local.max_hold_time) // IF the player has held this radio for the maximun hold time then drop the radio and dissallow
    { // them to pick it up next.
    local.origin = $pelvis_radio.origin::"hog"
    level.last_had_radio = self
    self stufftext "say I've dropped the Radio!" // <-- ADD THIS!
    break
    }

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    apparently it's not right if it doesn't work. I'm not sure why you're avoiding to post the whole mod. Maybe it's irrelevant, and maybe it's not. The point is if you come here asking for assistance the more information you provide the better it is for us to assist you. There's probably a reason why people aren't responding to your posts... It's because you're too vague and we can't help you. Zappa has already tried assisting you, but as he mentioned he's not familiar with that mod and he's not sure if you're placing it in the correct spot so that's what you have to work with.

Why not try and learn scripting yourself so that you can learn and make you own mods? If you can't figure this out, work with something easier and then grow on that.
    Thanks for the advice and I will work on it

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
    Ok, I just tested the mod
    This is where you should add the message, inside the player_radio.scr, line 130

if(local.held_for == local.max_hold_time) // IF the player has held this radio for the maximun hold time then drop the radio and dissallow
    { // them to pick it up next.
    local.origin = $pelvis_radio.origin::"hog"
    level.last_had_radio = self
    self stufftext "say I've dropped the Radio!" // <-- ADD THIS!
    break
    }
    ok zappa ill work on it

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Elephant1au View Post
    As James said, without the context of the entire mod ( or alteast the entire script file ) it would be very very difficult to diagonose the problem.

From that little snippet of code you provided, we can not determine the following:
    - What is the level.ticking
    - What is parm.other ( usually the object which triggers something, but without the rest of code, no idea what it is )

It looks like local.player is being used, then reset to parm.other ( no idea why ) so that is your problem, we need to know what local.player is before this code snippet, and what parm.other is before this code snippet.
    ok bro ill upload the file (player_radio.scr) soon
    thankx

I tested it and u can add this in player_radio line 186
    This is the only working way
    Code:
    $pelvis_radio delete
    self stufftext "say I've dropped the Radio!" // >>Add this line
    The Founder & Owner Of Critical Strike Clan.