Thread: ipfilter.cfg limit vs ad_listips limit

Default ipfilter.cfg limit vs ad_listips limit

ipfilter.cfg limit is 4000 in the documentation though ad_listips is limited to 20 pages of 100 IP's. Is 4000 right and can we hexedit someting to get 40 pages?

No idea how it works internally. RR knows
    but, why would you need to add such amount of ip's to the blacklist?

if you want to block people using VPN, Ryback made a vpn blocker using node.js. Ask him xD

that's the reality, about 1000 per year. Most are aimbotters. Don't you run a server? Maybe you're cheater free in South America
    We sure run RyBack's antiVPN and other automatic ban tools, but our admins are the main providers.
    Not sure why i don't get an answer here to this simple Reborn question. :/

https://www.x-null.net/forums/thread...ght=ad_listips

Maybe that will answer part of your question. I'm not sure though if you can adjust the limit size, it may cause issues if you try hexing that value.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Hi, this was probably an overlook during development. The initial limit was lower, and I probably raised it without remembering to adjust other functions.
    The paging is hardcoded, which I consider now as broken implementation to something which should have been dynamic (based on MAX limit).

You can try to hexedit the pages limit to 40, but you will need to find proper offsets in the binary yourself as I don't know them.

Also, another possibility to bypass your issue (although you might have done this already, but figured I'd mention it anyways):

Sort your ipfilter in numerical order.. and you'll likely find a lot of IPs on the same range. That way you could potentially cut the banlist down tremendously by just banning that range and removing all the individual IPs on the range.

Thank you all for your support ! Could take some time till i find the offset by myself but i'll let you know haha! Yep Shadow, spring cleaning, i used to do it sometimes, but we're reaching 1900 IP so i needed to know if i can wait a little bit more