G'day folks, I hope all are well.

What a crazy years it's been to date.
Besides this virus coming straight after the Australian bush fires, I personally have been dealt a crap hand although not as bad as some folks.

My brother died of a massive heart attack in Feb and shortly after, so did my motherboard.
I am now using my late brother's PC that he found at the local dump (rubbish refuge). I've put my HDD in it.
Needless to say it's a potato and there was good reason it was thrown out. lol
But it has kept me from climbing the walls thus far so I'm grateful for that.

Due to the lack of OpenGL it wouldn't play MOH so I couldn't test my maps or 3d models that I've made / edited for the maps.
It did work for LightRay3D however. In fact LR3D is MUCH better without OpenGL. It doesn't jump about the screen without OpenGL, making it heaps more stable.
But this potato PC needs rebooting 3 or 4 times a day as it hangs a lot.

All of this came about a month after being told that my neighbor was throwing out three relatively new PCs, I even saw them in his rubbish pile on the footpath in front of his house. Only the HDDs were taken out.
So I'm kicking myself for not grabbing them or at least one of them. D'oh!

In my absence from here I also got talked into a new ISP that saw me lose internet for 11 days. Normally not a big deal but when confined to stay home and not being able to map it certainly took its toll.

So I finally managed to get the stripped video card retaining screw out of this potato PC and replace the video card with the one from my PC.
Now it has OpenGL (woohoo I can test maps in MOH) but at the cost of LR3D jumping around the screen to an unworkable degree (again).

I've set my video card software (game/program profile) to disable everything (OpenGL & Anti-Aliasing) for LR3D which has tamed that screen jumping immensely.
AMD_LightRay_profile.jpg
It's not quite 100% stable, like it was without OpenGL, but it's at least 95% more stable now.

So, at least some good has come from a bad situation.

How about you guys, how has 2020 been for you so far?
Has anyone here lost their job, been infected or have had a family member infected by this virus, etc?