Thread: the overpass crashing hole

Default the overpass crashing hole

Maybe you know The Overpass has a hole in the rocks around the map that makes the server crash when you fall down inside. I want to add the map to a custom map server rotation after fixing the hole. Unfortunately, i can't find it anymore. Could someone be kind enough to PM the coords for the crashing hole please ? Thanks a lot in advance!
    Last edited by Ancient Order; May 6th, 2020 at 06:58 AM.

you can get the coords using the command "coord" on the console to get the place you whant.

thanks for your input.
    Actually i dont know where the hole is, that's what i'm asking for.

You could just add a trigger under the map (at the rocks) so when someone touches it they teleport/die instantly. aka how old anti-under-the-map mods did it.

Thanks RyBack, I wished to avoid that way but is the only solution untill i know the place.
    The hole is mid-height of the mountain, that's all i remember. and maybe it crashes before the player hits the ground.

We play this map all the time, but never found said crash hole. If anyone knows......

Perhaps I can help. I loaded up the map in Radiant and noticed there isn't any bottom to the sky box (that makes me puke). So if you fall outside of the map into the void that will probably cause the crash. It isn't very well-built mapping wise I have to say. I'm surprised it was compiled at all actually lol. Probably was done with the fastest, least accurate settings. So yes, a blocker/trigger spanning the entire map underneath is definitely the way to go.

edit: omg there's a big gap in the side of the skybox as well. OK, for my own sanity I won't look at this map anymore. I think the best place you'd find this crash would be falling behind the cliffs via the ladder attached to the blue wood. There's a ledge up the cliff. If you manage to get over that you can fall down into virtual oblivion. coordinates: 1336 2216 1216
    Last edited by 1337Smithy; May 8th, 2020 at 07:01 AM.

lol Thank you very much Smithy, i only found this one hole but couldn't crash the server by falling in it. I will try a side jump to find the skybox side gap.
    Also the crash occured in SH, maybe it won't crash in AA for some reason, same bsp though.
    I'll let you know if i succeed. Thank you all for your help!