Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brightness issue in MOHAA

Default Brightness issue in MOHAA

I'm having a bazaar issue with MOHAA brightness that I've never had before. I am unable to adjust brightness at all.

I just reformatted/upgraded my OS because I was on Win7 Pro, and am now on WIn 10 Pro x64. (This is the only difference), all hardware is the same.

When I go into the game I can't adjust brightness, when I try to adjust the brightness from the config (unnamedsoldier.cfg), it won't take my changes, but all other changes are fine.
    I have MOHAA raw files and it has worked fine, but I also tried a full install of MOH Revival, and the issue is still there.

I am convinced it has something to do with my display driver, but I'm not sure what to adjust.
    I am currently using "375.63-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql" driver, with no luck.
    Windows tried installing some Nvidia driver version 455.* (this one didn't work either (it works fine, but the brightness issue is still there)

My video card is a "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti"
    Device instance path: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C82&SUBSYS_8C961462&REV_A1\4&FC7F53B&0&0018
    Hardware ID's:
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C82&SUBSYS_8C961462&REV_A1
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C82&SUBSYS_8C961462
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C82&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C82&CC_0300

If anyone had issues with brightness in any of their games and got it resolved; would you be able to share any guidance for me? Thanks!

Try setting the compatibility mode for your MOHAA.exe to Windows XP (SP 3). (or windows 98 if XP doesn't work)

If that doesn't work, try playing with this commands (require "vid_restart" to take effect)
    r_intensity
    r_overBrightBits
    r_mapOverBrightBits

Disable hacks!

Appel; you're funny. I'm using stock MOHAA and MOH Revival.
    Zappa, thanks, I'll play with those commands and let you know.

EDIT:
    Tried the commands you recommended Zappa with a vid_restart in between each one, and still no bueno. I'll try and see if I can work anything out with the drivers. I pulled a qconsole log from my previous OS and noticed a different version of the driver that was on there, so I'll try to use the same driver as I had there and hopefully it will work better.

Coming back with a few more logs. I'll attach my qconsole.log file, but from what I noticed I don't have this log, and in my old logs I had this.
    Code:
    skipping W2K gamma clamp.
    SetDeviceGammaRamp failed.
    Attaching my configs and logs to see if anyone sees anything I missed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You should try this:

In the Nvidia Control Panel, down the left side, there's a button that says "Adjust Video Colour Settings" Click that and then select the "With the Nvidia Settings" radio button, then apply. The game will work fine now.
    - Source -

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me.

try the "r_ignorehwgamma" command

Code:
    r_overBrightBits 0 
    r_ignorehwgamma 1
    vid_restart
    you will need to "vid_restart" the game every time after modifying the brightness settings (r_gamma)

source: https://www.gog.com/forum/quake_seri..._in_fullscreen

@Zappa Still didn't work.
    @bulldozer, I can globally change my screen brightness without a problem (BTW this is a desktop, not a laptop); it's just in MOHAA I can't change it. I can move the sliders, but nothing happens. Even if I set it manually in the config or do a vid_restart within the game while changing it.

Like I said, I never ran across this before.