Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Stuff

I don't do it so much for the performance boosts because my pc can pretty much handle everything I throw at it; I personally just don't like clutter on my devices, I also don't really use a lot of the stuff Win10 comes with.
    Cortana, the whole "mobile" experience features, find my location, windows defender. I use my own AV, so don't really care to use Defender.
    From what I've read Win10 sends a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff to Microsoft too; which I'm not a fan of. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by anspectrum View Post
    I've read many posts about removing Win-10 bloatware and tbh equally number of posts to not expect huge performance gains. I've Win-10 on my 8GM RAM laptop. Win-10 (64-bit) Installed size including other stuff (like Office etc) is around 30GB. With Win-10 with no application running (at least in foreground) memory utilization is 2GB and I don’t feel any working issues.

So can someone share their personal experience about Win-10 significant performance gains after removing bloatware ?
    Removed the bloatware; i was at 4.8 GB compressed before bloatware after bloatware i'm at 2.8 GB compressed.. Closed firefox and it went down to 2.8 instead of 3.8 . If only i could get my disk utilization down lol..
    Last edited by LilChefDeath; April 29th, 2020 at 03:12 PM.