Thread: Is it possible to do bad stuff true the reborn patch on my server host?

Default Is it possible to do bad stuff true the reborn patch on my server host?

Hello Guys,

Just a question for the pro's here, is it possible that someone with alot of knowledge of the reborn patch and coding that hes fucking around with my server?
    My mail is full of that im getting attacks and shit.....

Is there any chance the patch could have anything to do with this?
    Last edited by Slimbips {sfx}; March 8th, 2020 at 12:42 PM.

I don't understand. What do you mean? is this still in regards to the DDOS attacks or is this something else?

yeah still in the ddos and spoofing.... its someone that knows me, and he should have knowledge of these things... and specialy if someone can do tricks true the reborn patch or something... maybe someone from here that likes to see that we are typing about this.... he must like this, i get attacked 24/7 for weeks now... together with alot of other clans... MFC AB LUV and others..... some dickhead likes ot play around with us, and probabl enjoying this.

Someone that really hates this game and probably this forum...

There are many booters on internet nowadays that allow you to do UDP spoofing, very simple to use for script-kiddies.

Ley0k is right; and as I mentioned in the other thread; spoofing IP's and framing others, isn't very difficult.
    It only take a couple seconds to get the IP of your server because it's listed on the master server and in MOHAA just like all the other servers are.
    As far as the spoofing goes, it's almost inevitable for anyone to get access to anything these days on the web. Spoofing IP's unfortunately are one of them.
    Also I'm no Network guru, but remember UDP has no validation checks. TCP has checks... It would be easier to check the validity of TCP packets over UDP packets because UDP can easily be modified.

I can guarantee you that no one associated with the Reborn patch would do anything malicious like this. We've all worked together to help each other out, however that still doesn't warrant the fact that there could be someone lingering on these forums or somewhere else in the MOHAA community that just like "messing" with people because they have nothing better to do. When it comes to stuff like DDOSing, I feel like that is one of the worst things anyone can do, and it's difficult to prevent. And I am truly sorry that unfortunately someone is trying to frame you for this, because that is definitely not fair to you.

We are looking at ways to try and prevent something like this, but it could take some time before we find a resolution.

Okeey thats clear than..... but i have an awesome thing..... my host gives me anti-ddos security... and my servers are getting ddossed every day all day long...... but nothing happens... server doesnt crash... i have no lag.
    They really have an answer to this...

ddos.jpg

as u see yesterday the whole evening... but my server didnt give a shit... so there is a solution

They are probably rerouting the incoming traffic to a “black hole”.. that’s one of the ways cloudflare does it anyway, I think...

Sounds like a honeypot! That was one of my ideas as well. I'm glad your host has protection against it.
    Other hosts should def have something against this as well because anyone can be a victim. Game servers are more tricky to protect, but webservers are just as easily targeted.