Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ss of luv sending multiple packets to sfora server

@Slimb; I'm assuming your "fix" is on the host/firewall (hardware implementation) side??
    If it's a software based solution that can be implemented on any server, I'd be interested in hearing your solution. You can PM me if you would like.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    @Slimb; I'm assuming your "fix" is on the host/firewall (hardware implementation) side??
    If it's a software based solution that can be implemented on any server, I'd be interested in hearing your solution. You can PM me if you would like.
    https://www.ovh.com/world/anti-ddos/game.xml

I have read about that, but it's a service you would have to purchase not a piece of software or configuration that would work in parallel with an existing dedicated server. Their OVH VPS is reasonable though. Is that what you guys use?

yes thats what i use, someone else should try it to, works flawless for me if those attacks on my box are legit....... i dont feel anything at all
    and yes its on the host server side, i didnt have to do anything for that

This is a firewall in front of the server. Its exactly the same message that we had at extraVM.com @ryback. But there the attack went through for some reason?

These are the messages that i received:

"We've just detected (2:27pm) a DDoS attack on your server IP address 51.77.x.x. In order to protect your infrastructure and ours, the traffic to your server will be filtered through the mitigation infrastructure. Once the attack stops, the IP will be withdrawn from the mitigation."

"
    The attack on your server IP 51.77.x.x has ended. The IP has now been withdrawn from the mitigation."

Quote Originally Posted by Slimbips {sfx} View Post
    i found a solution against ddos, it works for me, i dont have any problems anymore
    i only get messages that they attack me but nothing happens
    That what everyone should have done from the start.. everyone have dos issues that has been going for decades not only in this game but almost all games nowadays have it.. if dossing someone is as easy as James said(and i found out that it is!) then having a protection from it is a 'must have' in any game server this days.. not having protection against it and blame it on the 'sick' peoples who take advantage of it will not help.. that what they want.. just to convince themselves they are better than what they actually are.. PATHETIC!!
    Believe me You can't cure the world! Take the 'coronavirus' for example you can't cure it, but you can prevent it.. or at least try to.

Just so that I understand; is your dedicated server actually hosted with OVH, or is the service just an add-on to your dedicated server on another host?
    I would imagine, that if OVH offers this service, it's an add-on package for users who are hosted with them; not for people hosted somewhere else??

The problem occurs for dedicated server users that aren't hosted with them... That would mean their host might not have an available package like this, so they would have to move their dedicated servers somewhere else, and I'm not sure if server admins would be willing to go through that hassle.

I honestly have to say that i dont have a clue, i cant do shit, i will ask our programmer if he knows how it works and will let you know

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Just so that I understand; is your dedicated server actually hosted with OVH, or is the service just an add-on to your dedicated server on another host?
    I would imagine, that if OVH offers this service, it's an add-on package for users who are hosted with them; not for people hosted somewhere else??

The problem occurs for dedicated server users that aren't hosted with them... That would mean their host might not have an available package like this, so they would have to move their dedicated servers somewhere else, and I'm not sure if server admins would be willing to go through that hassle.
    A couple of other dedicated hosts offer this I think I bookmarked them. I’ll check it out when I get home tonight.. OVH and the one appelpitje said are the only two i see. But the extravm runs the same setup pretty much as OVH, using OVH same method.
    Code:
    The Game Firewall (OVH Game) is available for the following locations:
    - Montreal, CA (OpenVZ VPS & KVM Game VPS)
    - London, UK (KVM Game VPS)
    - Gravelines, FR (KVM Game VPS)
    - Vint Hill, Virginia (KVM Game VPS)
    - Singapore (KVM VPS)

Traffic path while attack is being mitigated:
    .. Public Network
    ... Backbone Routers ↓
    .... Network Firewall ↓
    .... Pre-Firewall ↓
    .... Tilera (Game Firewall) ["Game Anti-DDoS"] ↓
    .... Shield / Armor ↓
    ... Datacenter Routers ↓
    .. Your Server

Here is an explanation of what each one does:

Pre-Firewall: The Pre-Firewall (VAC) blocks most common attacks, allowing TCP/UDP/ICMP/GRE and blocking other protocols.

Network Firewall: The Network Firewall allows the client to add custom rules to modify traffic to their IP. This includes allowing/blocking IPs/IP ranges, allowing/blocking traffic protocols (AH,ESP,TCP,UDP,GRE,ICMP), allowing/blocking ports, allowing/blocking SYN/TCPs.

Tilera ["Game Anti-DDoS"]: The Tilera (Game Firewall) allows clients to use customized filters for blocking L7 attacks towards their game or voice servers, such as Teamspeak, Ark, Minecraft, Source/CSGO, GTA, etc. This means only legitimate user traffic to the applications will be allowed to your server. It also limits ICMP, blocks DNS amp, malformed IP/UDP header/incorrect checksum. Note: The Tilera (Game Firewall) may not available in certain locations where game servers aren't offered.

Shield / Armor: The Shield and Armor firewalls are two mitigation layers traffic is sent through and does some of what previous methods do, including blocking most known attacks that work via amplication methods. These are developed by OVH and don't rely on a third partys hardware or software.
    Last edited by LilChefDeath; March 10th, 2020 at 05:23 PM.