Thread: MoH Spearhead NightFall Question

Default MoH Spearhead NightFall Question

Hey guys,

Hope this is posted in the correct location, as I saw the initial post on NightFall here.

Running a MoH Spearhead Server I am almost completely new to the concept of this patch, as I had only used Reborn for a few weeks before closing my Allied Assault server a few years back.
    I understand how to use commands through the console thanks to the useful documentation here: https://github.com/mohabhassan/Night...docs/readme.md

However, I don't see any area discussing where to set up admin privileges/logins. From this I have a few questions on setup of the patch, (unless someone can just point me to a document I missed.)

1. Where do I set up admin logins/passwords (does this go in my normal server config or do I need to create a file)
    2. Where would ban-lists appear, or is this another file I would need to create
    3. Similar to question 2, where do things such as protected names get stored, incase I want to remove one etc.

Thanks,
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Hey guys,

Hope this is posted in the correct location, as I saw the initial post on NightFall here.

Running a MoH Spearhead Server I am almost completely new to the concept of this patch, as I had only used Reborn for a few weeks before closing my Allied Assault server a few years back.
    I understand how to use commands through the console thanks to the useful documentation here: https://github.com/mohabhassan/Night...docs/readme.md

However, I don't see any area discussing where to set up admin privileges/logins. From this I have a few questions on setup of the patch, (unless someone can just point me to a document I missed.)

1. Where do I set up admin logins/passwords (does this go in my normal server config or do I need to create a file)
    2. Where would ban-lists appear, or is this another file I would need to create
    3. Similar to question 2, where do things such as protected names get stored, incase I want to remove one etc.

Thanks,
    Will
    Hello!
    Glad to see some one is using nightfall!
    All your answers can be found here: http://www.x-null.net/wiki/index.php...nts_and_Limits

1. You create an "admins.ini" file, format is in the docs^.
    2. They appear in ipfilter.cfg
    3. protectednamefilter.cfg

I think most of the files are generated by nightfall, except for admins.ini.

You'll find them in mainta dir.

Thanks! Got the admin file all set up, works great.

Will any future update possibly include a player log? As faulty as the system was I always liked how the old foresight scanner kept a log of player names, their IPs, and last visit dates.

Anyways appreciate you guys still creating patches for this great old game.

- Will

You can create a mod with the functions the server have.

You use the same commands like the reborn patch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Thanks! Got the admin file all set up, works great.

Will any future update possibly include a player log? As faulty as the system was I always liked how the old foresight scanner kept a log of player names, their IPs, and last visit dates.

Anyways appreciate you guys still creating patches for this great old game.

- Will
    That's a modder's job, it's possible through mods.