Thread: Problem with models texture shading/lighting on maps (Nebelwerfer)

Question Problem with models texture shading/lighting on maps (Nebelwerfer)

Hello, I am having a problem in game with certain model and texture, namely the Nebelwerfer in MoHAA.
    I created a custom texture for it and it exposed a certain problem the model for this weapon has in game, the lighting is all wrong and it has "shadows" that come from nowhere on this model. At first I thought that maybe the texture I made was too dark, but then I noticed that each Nebelwerfer model has darker spots in different places. One is darkened in front of barrels, second on half of "body", and one of them is completely 100% dark despite being out in the open sun (image 1)
    When spawning the Nebelwerfers via console command the problem is no longer there if they're spawned in separate areas of the map (image 2), the lighting is proper and the texture looks fine.

Now the problem is that in this game Nebelwerfers are static objects placed on this map, they're missions objectives, can't be moved, removed or replaced. So what would be the solution to this problem if I want these models to look better, with proper lighting that displays the texture properly? Is there maybe something that can be done in .shader files for texture? There are options that control the shaders, so maybe there could be something? Maybe disabling shades in there altogether would work, make it static lighting? They're only in that one place in game after all and they're all in open sun, so shades are not needed there. So what can be done?

The images that show what's what:

Image 1 - map object Nebelwerfers - https://i.imgur.com/jwmkDbU.jpg

Image 2 - console spawned Nebelwerfers - https://i.imgur.com/YzQfDAq.jpg

What happen if you spawn a model right beside the glitched one? If both look the same then I assume it has to do with sun direction in that specific spot.

How does the stock texture look, is it scorch or something? Did you just copy the stock shader and repleace it with your texture or did you made a new one?
    MoH Reborn | MoH:AA Guide | Mapping tutorials | zzzzzMy_Maps.pk3 | YouTUBE

+set thereisnomonkey 1

Quote Originally Posted by Konig View Post
    What happen if you spawn a model right beside the glitched one? If both look the same then I assume it has to do with sun direction in that specific spot.

How does the stock texture look, is it scorch or something? Did you just copy the stock shader and repleace it with your texture or did you made a new one?
    Hi, thanks for answer, yes exactly when I spawn the model beside existing one it has the same glitched shading, which is why I also think it's bugged sky lighting/sun. Now wondering if there's a way to override it or find some workaround.

The stock texture and scorch, what do you mean? The way I made the texture was just drawing&blending new camo and details on existing one, with brightening and improving the visibility. No .shader file was replaced, .tiks are unchanged, the only thing that changed is new texture was made in .dds and .jpg format to override the old one.
    The old texture also "glitched" that way in vanilla game but paradoxically it's low quality and dark colors, which made details less visible, made the glitch unnoticeable. Nobody noticed glitched lighting because all those Nebelwerfers looked bad... ;P but yeah, that's probably the reason why they didn't notice or didn't bother fixing the issue with this map. Now that reason is known, I wonder if it's possible to override it somehow, give it static lighting or whatever it's called so that the map's light/sun no longer dictates the appearance of model.